Chapter 37 ~ It Ends Today.

"Go!" I scream at Oliver who hisses as his arm in the sling gets a brief splash of boiling water.

However shaking off the sharp pain Oliver stumbles around Rosik and bolts out of the kitchen.

Rosik was affected far more from the water thankfully and I feel a sick sense of pride as tremors begin rippling along Rosiks flesh while he crouches on the tiles.

Rosik had managed to lift his arm and turn his face away before the sizzling water hit his features but the bulk of the liquid still seeped through his sleeve and washed down the back of his head and down his neck.

My gaze greedily drinks in the red stain blossoming at the back of his skull, the second degree burn is already swelling and I know blisters can't be too far behind.

I can see Rosiks hands clenching and unclenching while his back remains turned and I force myself to stay still.

Rosiks whole form is tense and anger seems to be rolling off him in waves almost as strong as the pain he must be experiencing.

Rosik will strike and I need to be the one to face him.

Rosik won't kill me so I'm the bigger distraction, I need to buy Oliver as much time as possible to get everything ready upstairs.

Keeping my eyes firmly on Rosik I open the closest drawer to me and grasp onto two ceramic plates, holding them like disks in my hands, prepared to throw them at a moments notice.

"I was hoping it wouldn't come to this..." Rosik mumbles, his voice weak from pain and I find myself leaning forward to catch his words but I catch myself, keeping my distance is the only way I can ensure advantage.

Once I'm in his grip it's near impossible to get out.

"Your fairy-tale isn't coming true then? Have you finally seen sense and realised that this isn't going to work. That I don't fit into any of this?!" I urge Rosik to look at me and for there to finally be a sheen of sense behind his gaze.

Hoping desperately that this water has managed to wash away his madness.

Rosik should hate me, I've ruined his life and whatever future he had planned before me.
I've been nothing but a hindrance.

When Rosik finally subsides his tremors and stiffly forces himself back onto his feet, swaying to full height and wincing as he attempts to roll his neck. I feel all hope trickle away as his eyes seem to somehow latch onto me even more restrictively than before.

His eyes trail down my body with a sense of manic desire and he attempts to take a step towards me while I hold up a plate in warning.

"I was going to give you the world." Rosik confesses and the nerves in my wrist begin to fire and the twitching returns so forcefully from his gaze that the spasms actually divert my eye-sight to marvel at the aggression behind the twitching, almost dropping the plate due to it.

"But you've left me with no choice but to take the world away from you."
I scoff as Rosik takes another step and I skirt around the bench, my eyes frantically assessing his calm exterior but the closer I gaze the more flecks of his charade begin to crack.

A light sheen of sweat coats his upper brow and both his knuckles are restrained in a white grip.

"You already took the world away from me Rosik, you took away years of my life!" I growl out, hoping to continue this talking tango, in hopes that it will serve as a distraction for long enough.

"You're choosing to act like a spoilt child and that's not how I want our children raised. You need to learn and if that means leaving you locked in our bedroom for a few months then so be it. Keep this up and I might just leave you tied up to the bed."