Chapter 34 ~ Torment.

(Trigger warning.)

I stabbed him, I actually did it.
I think to myself in shock as I watch the blood begin to stain his shirt.

Not where I planned I'll admit but the shard of glass now poking out of Rosiks shoulder still fills me with a sense of accomplishment. 

I'm so busy staring at the blood stain spreading, shocked at what I had done that when Rosik suddenly chuckles it genuinely scares me and I jump.

I go to take a step away from him, realising too late my stupidity in allowing myself this close to a far from dealt with threat.

As I take a small step backwards, followed by a brisk next one I dart my eyes up to Rosiks just as he lunges forward, wrapping his arms around my waist and he harshly tugs me into his chest.

I try to avoid my head colliding with his hard chest, however my attempt at a dodge only causes me more harm as I feel the glass poking out of Rosik's shoulder scrape my forehead and I hiss.

I attempt to crane my neck back to avoid our blood mixing, the thought of it making my stomach roll.

"What was that for?" I hear Rosik playfully question, a fake pout accompanying his words and I shudder as one of his hands loops into my hair and he shoves my cheek against his chest, constricting my movement with the tightening of his grip.

"Get the fuck off of-!" I begin to scream but Rosik shushes me loudly and swings me into his arms, carrying my body bridal style and maintaining a migraine worthy grip in my curls.

My body arches up in pain as Rosik begins quickly walking down the hall, the sound of the glass crunching under his shoes fading as he makes his way to the bedroom.

"What?! Are you going to lock me in the bedroom? Give me a fucking time out?!" I grunt out and cross my arms stubbornly.

I'm torn between being angered by being treated like a child and grateful for some alone time to 'think about what I've done' and form some sort of plan for tomorrow.

Some way to ensure that Oliver doesn't get himself fucking killed.

Speaking of Oliver my eyes travel down the staircase as we walk down the hallway past it and I see no sign of him, my brow creasing as Rosik continues his hurried pace.

"I sent him on a walk, how else is he supposed to show you around tomorrow?" Rosik mumbles as he notices my craning neck and he tugs my hair suddenly, causing me to cry out and plant my dark glare back onto his face, his intention all along as he smiles smugly down at me.

We enter the bedroom and I expect to be thrown down, locked in and left but I'm confused as Rosik simply kicks the door shut behind us and storms to my growing horror into the bathroom.

"Put me down." I suddenly whisper, the white tiles around me mocking me as Rosik and I cram into the small space.

Whenever we have been in a bathroom together bad things have happened.

I feel my breathing hitch as I spot our reflection in the mirror that spans an entire wall.

The contrast between us is startling.

Rosik is looking down at me, his chest heaving and his dark brows crunched as he plots something undoubtedly sickening in his mind.
I notice stubble is beginning to show along his jaw, casting a shadow over his features, making him look older.

Normally I'd assume Rosik to be in his early thirties but with the beginnings of a beard I fear that the number is actually higher.
His dark brown eyes are hooded by surprisingly long eyelashes and I for the first time allow myself to look at him unbiased.