Chapter 9

You were amused by the quiet atmosphere. Though no-one said a word, you could feel the tension in the air as Sona glared down at Rias who tried her best to figure out an excuse. Meanwhile, the two people on the couch only looked confused on who Sona was.

"Who are you?" The blue haired one asked, finally breaking the silence. Sona finally broke her glare off of Rias who breathed a sigh of relief.

"I am Sona Sitri, one of the Protectors of Kouh." She said, making them even more confused.  They both looked at Rias who was freaking out in her seat.

"Sona Sitri?" The Chestnut haired one asked. Sona nodded her head in agreement. "But Gremory told us that she was the only one in charge of Kouh."

"Did she now..." You said with a growing smile as you noticed Rias getting nervous again when Sona's glare turned its attention back to her, but more intense this time.

"Rias." Sona said in a stern voice. Rias's nervous sweating might as well been a waterfall at this point. "What is the meaning of this? Why are you having a meeting with two exorcist?"

"Well, you see... I thought that it wasn't big enough for the both of us to get involved, so I didn't want to bother you with it." Rias said as Sona kept her glare on here.  You could see that Sona didn't believe her obvious lie as her glare intensified, make Rias sweat even more.

"Don't act like I'm stupid Rias." Sona said making her flinch. She then pointed at the two exorcists who were still confused at what they were witnessing. "Members of the Church meeting with devils isn't a little thing."

"I assure you that nothing is going on Sona." Rias told her. Sona didn't look convienved as she turned to the two exorcists.

"Can one of you tell me what you two are doing in 'our' territory." Sona asked the exorcists. She also made sure to enforce the word 'our' in her sentence while looking at Rias who was close to a panic  attack.

"A while back, the excalibur fragments were stolen from the church." The one with chestnut colored hair spoke up. Sona was listening carefully while you stood behind her with Tsubaki.

"The one who stole them is Kokabiel, a Cardel in the Grigori. We know that he is hiding out somewhere in Kouh." The blued haired one finished. You didn't know much about the supernatural except for the devils so you had no idea what a Grigori was or who Kokabiel was either, but you knew he sounded important.

"So, a small problem?" You asked sarcastically. 

"Be Quiet!" Rias told you while glaring but Sona slammed her hands on her desk. 

"Don't you dare yell at him!" Sona yelled, surprised everyone in the room. You noticed that Sona's anger was reaching its limit. You looked at Tsubaki who was also worried about Sona. "I will not tolerant you raising your voice at my fiancé!"

Sona's statement surprised Rias and her peerage. Rias looked from you to the still glaring Sona. "Wait, he beat you in chess?!" Rias asked in surprise, but the only answer she received was Sona's signature glare.

"Sona." You called her, making her look at you. "There's probably more to them coming here." You said as she nodded her head.

"You're right." Sona said before looking back at the two exorcists. "What brings you two here other than to tell us about your mission?" Sona asked the exorcists.

"We came to request that you stay out of our way while we search for the Excalibur fragments." The chestnut haired one said. Sona nodded her head in understanding.

"Very well, you have my word that neither I, nor my peerage will interfere with your pursuit of Kokabiel." Sona said, her composure returning. The exorcist, more specifically the brunette was happy with her choice.