Broken hearts

Counting days, counting days

Since my love up and got lost on me

And every breath that I've been takin

'Since you left feels like a waste on me

It had been weeks since Kara and Lena talked because of the fight they had, Lena had been ignoring all of Kara's texts and calls, she wouldn't even let her into L-Corp building. Security personnel were instructed by Lena to turn her away, Kara tried the balcony but Lena wouldn't let her in either and after some time she gave up trying to talk to her best friend.

Lena was hurting and the only way she knew how to manage was to keep her mind busy, but every time she tried to focus on her projects and paperwork, the Kryptonian always came up to her thoughts over and over again.

I've been holding on to hope

That you'll come back when you can find some peace

'Cause every word that I've heard spoken

Since you left feels like an hollow street

She was angry, angry at Supergirl and her friends who were her ex-friends, and mostly angry at herself for falling under the spell of her ex-best friend or so she thought, she wanted to make the pain go away. She couldn't think straight, the pain was too much; although she didn't know why she was hurting so badly, I mean she had been betrayed so many times but it never felt like the pain she had been feeling for months since she found out her best friend was the girl of steel.

This time the pain was different because as much as she wanted to hate Kara, she couldn't, and that made her even more furious. Furious that she couldn't bring herself to hate Kara, furious that she was always thinking about her, furious that no matter how much pain she was in, she wanted Kara to hold her and tell her that everything was going to be okay.

I've been told, I've been told to get you off my mind

But I hope I never lose the bruises that you left behind

Oh my lord, oh my lord, I need you by my side

She didn't want to seem weak in front of Kara and her ex-friends, her pride wouldn't let her.

She was miserable without her, miserable that she drunk herself to bed every night, but she still couldn't bring herself to talk to her; she tried to text her back but she ended up deleting the entire text. She had a lot of questions to ask Kara, questions that she wasn't sure if she wanted to know the answers. She was so sure that the answers to her questions would either break her even more or push her hard, to do something that would never be undone.

There must be something in the water
'Cause everyday it's getting colder
And if only I could hold you
You'd keep my head from going under

Lena had tried to understand why her best friend lied to her, why she came into her life and chipped away her armour with her charm and earnestness, why she used her just like the rest of the world, why she betrayed her when she promised she wouldn't be like the rest of the people in her life who promised the same things but always ended up breaking their promises, why she had to take away the only thing in her life that kept her sane, sane from becoming a Luthor just like lex and her mother. Was it because she was a Luthor? or maybe her best friend thought that she was far from redeemable.

She was broken! broken by the most important person in her life.

Maybe I, maybe I'm just being blinded

By the brighter side

Of what we had because it's over

Well there must be something in the tide

I've been told, I've been told to get you off my mind

But I hope I never lose the bruises that you left behind

Oh my lord, oh my lord, I need you by my side

Kara on the other end was crippled, crippled that she hurt her best friend when she promised she would never lie to her, promised that she would protect her, promised that she would always be there for her, but all those promises were swept away by one lie, only one LIE!

It took one lie for everything to crumble to ashes, she was in bad shape since the fight. All she wanted was her best friend back, for her Lena to hold her in her arms and tell her that everything would be okay. She had been spending a lot of time at the alien bar, it was like her second home because she drank herself to sleep and it made her forget that her life was miserable without the only person who completed her. She had been late to work more than usual, she was a mess.

There must be something in the water

'Cause everyday it's getting colder

And if only I could hold you

You'd keep my head from going under

A wreck. A complete wreck at everything.

As much as she tried to move on, she couldn't. The hurt was too much to go away, not one or two drinks would take all that away.

Two broken hearts lost without each other. Broken hearts with no way back to each other. Or maybe there was a way, they just hadn't figured it out yet.

It's your love I'm lost in

Your love I'm lost in

And I'm tired of being so exhausted

Your love I'm lost inYour love I'm lost in

Even though I'm nothing to you now

The two hearts needed time, time and space. Time to heal and space to think, because they would not find their way back, back to the way things were. Not now, not tomorrow and definitely not next week. Only time would tell. You know the saying, "time is the healer of all wounds".

There must be something in the water

'Cause everyday it's getting colder

And if only I could hold you

You'd keep my head from going under

There must be something in the water'

Cause everyday it's getting colder

And if only I could hold youYou'd keep my head from going under

Bruises!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~