1

Sarawat watched Tine pulling back from the hug, smiling at him. 

"Thank you so much na," he said. "If you need help in future, I'll help you too, bro."

Sarawat wasn't annoyed by the 'bro' as much as he used to be before. Now he didn't even have the excuse of their fake relationship to protest it.

He watched Tine pick the guitar that the latter had bought with Pear. They had bought that in a time when Sarawat had expressly told Tine not to hang out with her. He still had. Not once but several times.  It had taken the political science student days to finally get it - get that there was no future with this fake relationship except for ending it. No hope for it to become something better. Something real. Like his feelings that he had for Tine. Those were genuine but not the situation. It had been manipulated to existence. First by Green then by him.

However, how long could he pretend that it was real?

For his sanity, he couldn't. And for Tine.

Tine didn't want him that was clear. Pear or any of the girls in 'his club', it wasn't him. He wasn't his choice.

That had become very clear.

So even if he hated it, he couldn't tell Tine. 

He watched Tine and Pear walk out of the area where the Music Club usually practised together.

When Tine had first approached him, he couldn't believe him. Then he had told him the 'plan' and Sarawat had felt hurt. He hadn't known then that it would be the starting of several moments of heartbreak for him. He had eventually given in, unable to resist. What if this would help them get together? What if Tine would like him back too? He couldn't know without trying so he had. He had gone along with Tine's requests, enjoying his company more and more to his own surprise and feigned to be in a relationship with him in front of Green and restrain his feelings pouring out too much in front of him.

But Tine still didn't like him. Even all these weeks later.

In the end, he had just become a friend whom Tine liked calling 'bro' all the time and whine to about how he was going to ask out Pear.

Sarawat was still looking at the place the Law student had been standing. He was pathetic, wasn't he? Being in love hopelessly and hoping for anything to happen in return. For thinking it was fate that had brought them together, given  Sarawat a chance.

Someone patted his shoulder. 

"Maybe this is for the better,"  P'Dim said, stopping next to him. "You deserve someone who likes you too."

All I know is that the one in my heart is you*

It was a line from the song he had been writing for Tine and it was the truth.

a/n: *That line is from the OST that Bright sang.