Chapter-2

"My life is great with a sister who is as sarcastic as me and two friends who love me a lot," Saumya mused, "Still I miss you all. I really feel that I have changed but I am still your little girl. I will always miss you all." She was staring into the oblivion of her book which rested on the table.

Saumya looked up from her book to be greeted by a chirpy girl, who was an intern and her assistant.

"Good Morning, Ma'am," said the chirpy girl.

"Good Morning, Pihu. What brings you here?" asked Saumya.

"Ma'am, firstly I wanted to congratulate you. You are one of the Best Cardiac Surgeons in India as per the Forbes. It's an honour to be of any assistance to you, Ma'am. You are the reason I chose cardiology. You are an idol for persons like me." Pausing, she continued, "I have analysed the condition of your patients, Ma'am. They are all good," Pihu replied in one breath.

"Pihu please remember one thing in life - Always idolise your passion not a person. And please, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me Ma'am? It makes me feel as if I am a middle aged woman," Saumya said, having had enough of fangirling for one day.

The day passed swiftly and it was time for the Annual Function in Pia's school. Saumya drove home and got Pia ready for her performance. After getting ready both of them headed towards the school.

It was well past six in the evening when the function came to an end. However, unfortunately for Saumya, the most boring part was still left- the chief guest's speech. The Principal introduced the chief guest and elucidated about his accomplishments but what caught Saumya's attention was the fact that he was a doctor too. What was his name again? Dr. Akshit Aggarwal. A tall man with a fair chiselled face and light brown eyes went on the stage to address the audience. Expecting to be bored by his long oration, Saumya took out her phone but when the word "passion" reached her ears, she immediately looked up to pay attention to him. After all there were not many people who talked about passion. His next words made her mouth hang open.   "Your Passion should be your Idol." She had never expected anyone to think like her. Before she could realise what had happened, he had already descended the stage.

Still reeling from the after effects of the shock, she went to Pia's class to pick her when her phone started ringing.

"Good evening, Ma'am," Pihu said in a panicked voice.

"Drop the courtesy Pihu and tell me what happened?" Saumya asked concerned.

"Actually Ma'am, Mr. Ahuja whom you operated today has not recovered from post-op yet. He is having fever and his pulse is going down," Pihu said.

"I will be there soon, don't worry," saying this Saumya disconnected the call and entered Pia's classroom.

The class room was bustling with cute little kids running everywhere as their teacher tried to calm them down. Pia, who was wearing a cute dress of a fairy, ran towards her, pushing away anyone who came in her way.

"You did really well, Baby Bear," said Saumya with an appraising look.

"I want a treat Princess," Pia said in a demanding tone.

"Sure baby, but right now I have to go to the hospital,'' Saumya said.

Pia's face immediately fell hearing the words. Her shining eyes, dilated, staring longingly at her sister.

"Don't worry baby, I will be back by 8 and then we will eat pizza, okay?" Saumya said not being able to bear seeing her sad.

Pia's face lit up on hearing her words and she nodded.

Saumya dropped Pia at their house where Surbhi already awaited them.  However, Saumya noticed something peculiar about the house opposite theirs. The usually uninhabited house had lights on and a car was parked in front of it.