Chapter-20.2

"Oh My God?! Di you're going on a Thursday Movie Double Date with Akshit and you're telling me now," Esha glared at her, before continuing, "Only half an hour till 5 and you don't even have anything to wear. It is a severe fashion emergency. We really need a good dress."

Saumya could only roll her eyes as she stared at her sister who was kneeling in front of her closet rummaging through her clothes.

"Esha, I am going to wear my usual clothes," she said in a firm voice.

The sun was still beaming brightly at them through the curtained window as if enjoying her plight. The only sound to be heard was the noise of the girls' banter.

"Di," Esha started getting up. "Your voice is not going to affect me. Now, I will go and bring a dress of mine which you can wear."

With a flourish of her long gown, Esha exited Saumya's room.

Sighing helplessly, Saumya sat down on her bed. To people, it may seem that she was rather uninterested in this whole 'date' thing. However, an inner turmoil was gnawing at her heart.

Was it right to ask Akshit for the date? Stop it Saumya. It's not even a date. But what if he thinks that I like him? What if he thinks I am clingy?

She shrugged.

No, he is not an imaginative man. He won't think like that. I don't like him after all.

Saumya, when did you start thinking about all this? You were always so busy with Pia and the hospital. When did you change so much? No, you shouldn't think about all this. You already have a lot on your plate. You should think about Pia. What about your patients? Think about them. Go to the movie, watch it and come back. You really need to keep these feelings in check.

"Princess, why is Esha Di making such a mess in her room?" Pia asked innocently, rubbing her eyes.

It was a habit for her to take a nap after coming from the school but as it now stood, Esha had disrupted her sleep.

She looked really cute with those big round eyes which seemed to remind Saumya of her Chachu. Her face was a copy of Chachu. Her big brown eyes, which would always twinkle with love for Saumya. Her tender lips which would always smile at her. It was quite true that the only inspiration for Saumya to keep going was Pia. Even in those testing times, she had only Pia as her support. Saumya knew that when she would return home, Pia would be there waiting for her. That was perhaps, the only consolation, Saumya had had all these years.

As Saumya snapped out of her thoughts, she saw that Pia had already come to stand in front of her. Making her sit on her lap, Saumya kissed her cheeks. A bubble of emotions had erupted in her heart and filled all the chambers with a dreadful concern. Somehow, Saumya's intuition was telling her that Pia was in danger. Shaking out of such thoughts, Saumya gazed at the result of her surprising gesture. Pia was looking at her with curiosity filled eyes.

"Esha thinks I should go to the movie wearing one of her dresses since mine aren't good enough."

"Movie?!" Pia murmured. That seemed to be the only word she had heard so far.

"I am going with Surbhi, Akash and Akshit to watch a movie. Apparently, Akash returned yesterday so he wanted to go out."

"I want to go too," Pia said, pouting.

"No, you're not going anywhere," Esha' s voice boomed in the room.

Pia seemed to be on the verge of crying. Saumya hugged her tightly and glared at Esha.

"What?! Di seriously, you think she is not faking it. Moreover, Di she has a lot of homework to do today. We will go tomorrow, okay?" Esha said- her eyes softened towards the end.