chapter six- still

Addison's POV

Was it wrong that I still wanted Niall? Maybe.

No. It wasn't.

Who am I kidding? I'm married to him. I doubted he wanted me back though. He did leave.

Ugh. I just wanted him back.

I missed the way he held me in his arms when I cried. The way he'd kiss my head "all better" when I was hurt mentally. The way he'd grab my shoulders and look me in the eye to make sure I was okay. The way he'd curse at the golf players while watching it on T.V. The way he'd laugh hysterically at nothing in particular, but it lit up the whole room.

And I couldn't lie to myself on this one: I missed him.

My thoughts were interrupted by Niall.

"It's nine, by the way,"

I looked up. "P.M.?" I asked groggily.

"No, A.M." he joked. "Yep, P.M. Rascal over here needs tuh' sleep," He pointed at Ivy, who was running around in circles aimlessly.

Niall scooped Ivy up, much to her dismay, and threw her on his shoulders. Ivy giggled loudly.

"Stop!" She squealed through laughter, smacking Niall in the head repeatedly.

"Hey!" Niall winced at the hit. "Time to kidnap a little monster and put her in a cage!" He stomped down the hall to Ivy's room.

Ivy gasped. "No!" She shrieked.

I followed behind quickly.

Niall gently tossed Ivy into her crib, and she landed on Puppers. Ivy gasped again.

"Puppers!" She screamed in sorrow for her fluffy animal.

"Puppers?" Niall raised an eyebrow.

"Her favorite," I eyed him as I replied. Niall nodded.

"Hey, I got it from here," I said calmly. Not that I didn't want Niall there, I just felt it wasn't necessary.

Niall looked at me weirdly. "What? No, I can help,"

"Seriously, it's fine," I sighed, turning to pick up Ivy from her crib. I still needed to change her diaper.

"She's my daughter, too, Add." Niall said sternly, staring at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Fine," I backed up with my hands up. "Change her diaper, and then put on pajamas, and then lay her in bed."

He nodded slowly and turned around to Ivy, who sat on the changing table calmly. He unbuttoned the onesie she was wearing, and opened the diaper before gasping.

"No, no no no," he breathed.

"What?" I asked worriedly.

"She took a shi-"

I laughed, holding my hand up. "Language!"

"Oh, God," Niall sighed.

~~~~~

After a long half hour of cleaning crap off of Niall, wrestling Ivy to get in the bed, and getting the buttons on the sleeper to work, Niall and I were finally out of her room.

I exhaled.

Long night.

I looked over at a weary Niall, who's eyes had bags under them. He was definitely a new dad.

"You good?" I asked him.

He nodded, smiling. "She's a handful, for sure. But I love her."

"Me too," I agreed.

We sat on the bed awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

There was a silence, yet it wasn't really awkward. More of a pleasant silence.

Niall's POV

I had the idea. I knew what I wanted to do.

I stared at Addison, admiring the brown in her eyes, the natural tan of her skin, the slight ruffle of hair that laid on her head in a bun. All things I missed.

I broke the eye contact for a second, taking in the view of the room. Classic mirror, dresser, closet, light blue rug. Very Addison. In the corner was an acoustic guitar.

I knew what I was going to do.

I quickly sat up, grabbed the guitar, and sat back down. Addison gasped slightly, her mouth agape at my impulsive moves. I did just steal her guitar without consent.

I plucked at the strings a bit before finding a nice beat.

"Bare with me," I mumbled.

"What?" Addison inquired confusedly, looking at her lap.

"I'm not a good speaker," I muttered quickly. "but I can sing."

I started singing my thoughts.

"My mind is complicated,"

Addison looked up from her lap.

"Find it hard to rearrange it, but I'll have to find a way somehow,"

I was so confused. I didn't understand at all what my relationship with Addison was. I left, but I admired her always. She wouldn't care.

"Overreacting lately. Find it hard to say I'm sorry, but I'll make it up to you somehow,"

I broke her.

"I just don't know why stars won't shine at night,"

I started sputtering out words that I knew I meant. I didn't know they would ever come out.

"Tell me you want it. A thousand miles away from the day that we started,"

Addison nodded. We had been together awhile, and then apart.

"But I'm standing here with you just trying to be honest,"

I looked up and made eye contact with Addison.

"If honesty means telling you the truth..."

Locking the eye contact with Addison, I inhaled before singing.

"...well I'm still in love with you,"

Addison inhaled quickly, seemingly short of breath. Her mouth was gaping a bit, her lip trembling. She put her head in her hands before sobbing.

This took me by surprise a bit. Definitely wasn't expecting that reaction. But then, what was I expecting?

I put down the guitar and placed my hand on the small of her back, leaning forward towards her. I laid my forehead on her spine and closed my eyes as she cried. I rubbed her back rhythmically, hoping to calm her down. I moved my head closer to her face, and whispered in her ear, still singing.

"Oh, oh, it'll be alright,"

She cried a little heavier, before stopping. Her breathing was still heavy.

"Oh, oh, we'll be alright,"

Addison sat up, my hand still on her back. She lifted her head, looking me in the eye. She placed her hand on my cheek.

"I love you, too," she whispered before planting her lips on mine.

A/N AHHHH okay this was a fun chapter to write and HEY longer than the others. about a thousand words yaaaay okie bye ily

song—> still by niall horan