chapter eighteen- everything comes to an end

Addison's POV

I didn't think I had ever been in as much pain as when Ivy woke up.

It was a month later, and Ivy still woke up in the middle of the night screaming. The doctor said it's normal.

I didn't think severe PTSD in a two year old was normal, but I listened to the doctor's words anyways.

Niall and I managed to scrape together our broken relationship from the ground, which was something I was really proud of. We started at the top, fell to rock bottom, and made it up again.

Sure, life is never perfect. Our lives sure were not perfect. But, we enjoyed it anyways.

Niall always pestered me that he wanted a baby. He wanted to watch a baby grow from a sperm to an adult, and he had missed the first two years of Ivy's life.

I always told him no. Not because I didn't want him to have the experience, but because I wasn't ready for a baby. Physically, and mentally.

"Come on, you'll be gorgeous as always, Ad," he told me.

I groaned. "If I'm already big two years after Ivy, add another child to the mix. I'll be doubled!"

Niall shrugged. "More to love."

It was little comments like that. Those little comments made me want to have another baby with him.

If I were to have a child fully raised by him and acted like him, you get I would have thirty.

"You also kind of have a career to worry about, Niall," I reminded. "There's still publicity and fans and management you have to worry about. How is everyone going to react?"

"Management doesn't have the right to control my private life, love. If they had it their way, I wouldn't be in Boston right here with you."

"But the public-"

Niall cut me off by pressing his finger to my lips. "The public doesn't matter to me, babe. They can say what they want, but I know you better than anyone. They can't judge someone they don't know."

I leaned into his chest and just lay there for a minute, thinking. "I guess we can have a baby."

I looked up at Niall, who's face immediately lit up. "Really?"

I nodded. "But remember, we might not get pregnant."

"I know, but it's just... wow. I could get to see them grow up and everything!"

I smiled at his happiness. It was even better that I was the cause for his happiness.

~~~

I sat on the toilet impatiently, before finally getting up and getting dressed while I waited for the test to answer.

Niall and I had been trying for a baby for a few months now, and I wasn't completely expecting a pregnancy. I hoped for one, yes, but we'd be extremely lucky to get one this early.

I threw on a red blouse and slipped into bleached jeans, and headed back into the bathroom.

I stared at the test that was facing down.

The moment of truth.

"3," I began counting down quietly to myself. "2."

I inhaled deeply. "1."

My trembling fingers reached for the plastic test, hesitantly flipping it over.

One line.

I sighed sadly before bringing it closer to my face.

Wait.

I stared at it intently.

There was a second line. Though it was faint, it was there.

I'm pregnant.

I could feel myself light up. I felt like I was floating on a cloud of pure excitement.

Niall.

Niall!

I couldn't wait to see Niall's reaction. I wanted to tell him right away.

I knew that many women would come up with some creative way to tell their husband or boyfriend, but I was too impatient. I slipped the positive test in my pocket and walked nonchalantly to Ivy's room.

Niall was sat on the floor playing dolls with Ivy. He looked up at me and smiled his normal charmingly bright smile. I returned it with a cheeky grin.

"C'mere," I said.

He stood up and came over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me softly.

"I wanna show you something," I smirked.

He raised an eyebrow before nodding.

"Close your eyes, and put out your hands," I instructed.

He did as told, squeezing his eyes shut.

"No peaking," I giggled, reaching into my pocket and carefully placing it in his hands.

"What the-" Niall laughed, his eyes still closed.

I smiled giddily. "Alright, open."

He slowly opened his bright blue eyes and looked down at his hands. His face lit up like a an LED lightbulb.

"Really?" he whispered.

I nodded, grinning like a madman.

He moved the test into his left hand before engulfing in the most affectionate, loving hug I had ever received from anyone.

He pulled back, and I noticed small tears pricking at his eyes.

I jokingly frowned, but still pure happiness was showing in my eyes. I cupped his face lightly. "Don't cry, baby," I laughed, pecking his lips.

"Thank you," he whispered, hiding his face in the crook of his neck.

Ivy crawled over and tugged at Niall's pants. "What's wrong, Dada?"

"Nothing, baby," Niall smiled.

"Niall!" I exclaimed happily.

"What?" he looked at me questioningly.

"That was the first time she's called you dad."

His face lit up again as he scooped up his daughter.

"I love you, baby," he peppered her face with kisses.

"I love you Dada!" she squealed.

He turned back to me, his grin infectious. "And I love you, Addison."

the end.

fr.

well technically no, there's an epilogue.

i'm sorry this book actually sucks and i haven't updated in two weeks, but i legit have three other books so it was about time for me to update this. it was coming to an end, which is just so crazy for me. that's mainly why i haven't been updating.

because it's just so insane to finish a book.

thank you all so much for reading! i'll have the epilogue out today hopefully!

song—> long way down by robert delong