chapter seventeen- wake me up

Addison's POV

I stirred my coffee aimlessly as I sat next to Niall's bed in the ugly chair. Harry scrolled through his phone next to me. Niall was reading a magazine, which was a dead giveaway that we were bored.

Niall finally looked up and sighed. "I want her to wake up," he told me.

I nodded sadly. "We all want her to wake up, Ni."

The doctors had told Niall he would be able to leave the hospital soon. We were just waiting on the official discharge. It had been days since the incident, and all that I felt was stress. I awaited my daughter to wake up, although that seemingly was not happening. She was breathing and being fed through a nasty tube, but not waking up.

A doctor came in. Niall put down his magazine.

"Let's check you, shall we?" the woman walked over to him. "You seem all good. We will disconnect everything and give you the meds. I presume you'll be here a while anyways, so you can always ask for help." She gave him a sad smile after checking all of his stats.

After the nurse left, a tension filled the air. No one seemed to know what to do. Everyone's brain was filled with the wonder of why the innocent baby girl couldn't wake up.

So many nights I went home crying in agony alone on the floor of my kitchen. Everywhere I looked reminded me of the girl who couldn't wake up.

Shortly after the nurse left, a doctor came in. It wasn't just any doctor, it was Ivy's. I stood up immediately.

"Is she okay?" I asked him worriedly.

The doctor flashed a sad smile. "We don't know, really. We think she may wake up if you would like to be in there."

Niall looked at me with sadness in his eyes. He couldn't leave until he was discharged. The doctor noticed Niall's action.

"I'll send in a nurse to help get you ready. Addison and Harry, if you could come with me, please."

We followed the doctor out of the room and whizzed through hallways of sick and death filled rooms. That was one of things I hated about hospitals. It always smelled like disinfectant and skin wish a dash of death.

Harry looked over at me nervously. I returned the gaze with a small and weak smile. I could tell why he was nervous. He had never met Ivy when she was her normal bubbly self.

Harry had always been big on introductions. He always wanted to make a good first impression, which added up to why he was scared about meeting Ivy.

We entered the small room and sat on the ugly green chairs. Ivy had a few nurses surrounding her, which made me bit nervous.

The doctor cleared his throat, catching a hold of everyone's attention. "Just so you are aware, this won't be a peaceful wake up if she does. She is in excruciating pain currently, so she will probably cry and scream."

I sighed sadly. I would love to hear her cry again, but I also hated the idea of having to hear her scream in agony like the doctor had just explained.

Shaky breaths were filling the air, escaping the toddlers scarred lips.

This isn't a pov, really, it's just what ivy is seeing. she wouldn't be able to comprehend this though.

Flashes of red appeared. A blood curdling scream. Arms tightening around the frail body I owned. I felt myself roll over hit pavement. I started shaking. I sailed in pain. Everything hurt. I squeezed my eyes shut.

"You're okay, baby," a scared voice hushed.

The voice came again, repeatedly telling me that I was okay. I attempted to let this soothe me, I tried to calm down. My head throbbed.

"You'll be okay, babe," the voice told me. That voice was Niall. I opened my eyes, wanting to see him again.

Everything still hurt. My own scream filled the air. The once hushed environment was now covered in terror.

i didn't really know how to write this without it being awkward i'm sorry.

also i'm extremely sorry this is so short, i haven't updated in so long and i just wanted to get another chapter out. i'm also working on my michael fanfic called vapor, so if you're interested in that go check it out. i'm also starting an ashton fanfiction which i'm excited about, so i'm trying to have even updates.

song—> wake me up by avicii