chapter fifteen- i thought we were doing well

Addison's POV

Niall continued to cry and cry. I was confused.

Why does he think I did something wrong? What did I do wrong? What did Harry so?

Harry and I sat back in the olive chairs. I stared at Niall in worry and confusion.

"I thought you loved me!" Niall sobbed me. "I thought we were doing well!"

I stayed silent. I didn't know what to think.

"I thought you accepted me!" he screamed. "After all we've been through?"

Niall stared at me as he yelled before turning to Harry. "You too," his voice got lower. "I thought we were still close, or you wouldn't do something like this."

"What are you talking about Niall?" I finally snapped. "Nobody here has done anything!"

Niall eyes me. "You know what you did."

"No, Niall. I don't know what I did," I said angrily.

Harry grasped my hand carefully. "Calm down, Addi," he whispered in my ear.

"You see what you are doing!" Niall hollered. "I knew it! You don't care!"

I rolled my eyes. "You really think I would stay with you in an ambulance and sob as you died in front of my eyes? After I cried in our house all alone because I had no one else there to comfort me? Got one of your best friends to come and stay with you? Came back here through it all?"

"You stole my best friend to date him because you thought I was dead!" Niall sounded hurt.

"What?" I said in disbelief. "No, Niall."

"Where's my daughter?" Niall cried.

"She's sleeping in the-" I was interrupted.

"I wanna see her," Niall stopped the hysterics for a minute.

"Niall, you can't see her right now," I tried my best to sound nice so he wouldn't be mad again.

"No! I have to see her!"

"Mate, you can't see her right now," Harry attempted.

"Who are you to talk Mr. Steal My Girl!" Niall protested.

I stifled a laugh at the reference.

Niall glared at me. "Oh, you think that's funny? Well you're the cheater!"

"Niall, for heaven's sake! I didn't cheat on you with Harry! And I only laughed because Steal My Girl is a One Direction song," I reasoned.

"What do you mean you didn't cheat with Harry?" Niall snarled. "Why else would you call him up?"

I was at a lost for words for a minute. "I called him so I could have someone to talk to!"

Niall sat, quiet for a moment. He looked down. The whole room was silent. The doctor was next to Niall's bed with a medication ready to sedate him so we would thrash around and hurt himself more, but he put that on hold while he was quiet.

"She isn't okay, is she?" Niall whispered.

I have him a confused look.

"Ivy isn't okay," he mumbled.

I wished I could lie to him to make him fee better, but he would want to see her. That wouldn't work.

I shook my head silently.

"It's all my fault," Niall whispered. He was so quiet, nobody could hear him.

"What?" I asked.

"It's all my fault," Niall said, louder this time. "If I hadn't told her to go away, none of this would have happened. If I had guarded her better, she'd be better. Everything was because of me."

I sighed. "Don't say that."

"No, you know it's true! You aren't denying it either."

I stayed silent. It was his fault, and I didn't know how to tell him it wasn't. I would be lying. Niall hates when I lie, clearly.

"I don't think it's all your fault," Harry piped up.

Niall furrowed his brows. I expected a snarky response, but instead he gave Harry a questioning look.

"Frankly," Harry continued. "The girl didn't actually need to listen to you. I'm not saying it's her fault, but I'm not going to put the blame on anybody."

I nodded. "He's right, Ni."

He swallowed and winced in pain. Apparently he could suddenly feel the hurt of his movements. He clearly couldn't before.

"I'm tied," Niall whispered before closing his eyes. I let him be. He had dealt with enough crap for the day.

I slowly stood up. "I'm going to go check on Ivy."

Harry followed behind me as I walked the children's section to her room. She laid there motionless, steady breathing being the only moving she did.

Harry stood silently. It sucked that this was the first time he ever saw Ivy. He never saw her when she was her normal goofy self or when she was laughing hysterically about nothing at all. Instead, Harry saw Ivy for the first time when her curls were matted and an outstanding scar adorned her small head.

"She looks like both of you together," Harry whispered.

I laughed quietly. "That's how genetics work, Harry."

"I know, I know," he said. "but I mean she literally just looks like the two of you mashed together into a curly headed two year old."

I tried not to crack up. "Stop, you're gonna make me laugh."

Harry smirked and looked at me.

"Don't give me that," I laughed.

"What?" Harry asked accusingly.

"That award winning smirk!" I tried to raise my voice but still be quiet. "Ah, I'm a fourteen year old fangirl, and Harry Styles just smirked at me? I might die!" I mimicked.

We both laughed for a minute before stopping and quieting down. There was no particular reason why. The whole experience of seeing Harry again was mind boggling. I never expected to see him again unless the boys reunited, but who knew what they had up their sleeves at this point.

Harry sighed. "I wish the first time I could see Niall again he wouldn't be in such horrible condition. Same goes for Ivy. I wish I could have met her when she was herself."

I nodded. "Me too."

That got me thinking. I turned towards a nurse. "Do we know when she will be back?" I asked.

The nurse shrugged with pursed lips. "It's really just that we're waiting to see how her body reacts to the medication. She could be up at anytime, including in a few days."

I nodded in understanding, even though I didn't really fully understand it. I didn't understand how she was doing worse than Niall when he got hit more than she did. Niall was even in front of her, and all of the impact that hit her was just shock, whatever impact from Niall she got, and how fragile her small body was. I just hoped she'd be up soon. I wanted to see her blue eyes again.

ivyyyy wake upppp everybody wants to see uuuu

song—> somebody to love by onerepublic