chapter eleven- again?

Addison's POV

Ivy galloped around the room with Puppers in her left hand.

"We are goin' on a aventure!" she told my excitedly.

I nodded while scrolling through instagram. "That's great, baby."

I heard her squeal as she ran to her room. Niall was still asleep. I hoped she wouldn't wake him up. Shortly after she ran in, she came back out of her room with an old bandana bib around her neck and a dress-up cowboy hat.

"Mama, I'm a cowboy!" She hollered from down the hall.

I looked up at the goofily dressed toddler and snapped a picture. "It looks good, Ivy."

She smiled and continued to run around the house with Puppers. Niall lazily moped out of the bedroom with bed head and a pair of pajamas on. He yawned as he poured cereal.

"Good morning," I murmured from the living room.

"Mornin'," Niall muttered tiredly.

I sighed. He was not talking much was he. "Did Ivy wake you up?"

He grimaced as he nodded.

Ivy suddenly came into the room screeching.

"Speak of the devil..." Niall complained.

I rolled my eyes. "That's the most you've said all day. Patronizing our daughter."

Ivy held up Puppers like he was Simba from the Lion King.

"Still, she was screaming. I just woke up because of her. I don't need more noise."

"Why are you being sick a pain in the back? You are being so unpleasant."

Niall huffed. "S'not like you are helping."

I rolled my eyes at his insensitiveness again. Ivy ran up to Niall.

"Ni Ni, I'm a cowboy!" She told him happily.

Niall crooked his eyebrows. "Wouldn't you be a cowgirl?"

Ivy crossed her arms, confused. "I thought I could be who I want to be?"

Niall sighed as he chewed Cheerios. "I guess..."

"Mama always told me I could be whoever. I want to be a cowboy, so I'm gonna be a cowboy."

I've never been so proud of her. Niall smirked a little as she ran away to go play again.

"Ya taught her well, Add," Niall acknowledged.

"I know," I nodded.

Niall rolled his eyes. "Not even a thank you? I complimented ya."

"Why are you in such a bad mood? Normally you wouldn't care if I said stuff like that."

"Shut up, Add," Niall huffed.

I was taken aback. "Excuse me?"

"I said shut up!" Niall exclaimed. He dumped his bowl in the sink and walked down the hallway to our room.

I blinked a few times, trying to take in what happened. "Oh my gosh..." I whispered to myself.

I opened my phone again to distract myself from the drama.

"Get lost!" I heard Niall holler from the room.

Did he just talk to Ivy like that? I shook the thought away. Niall would never do something like that. That girl was his world.

a few hours later...

"Ivy," I called. "It's lunch."

Niall limped down the hallway. "Bit quieter, could ya?" he complained.

"Sorry," I apologized. "I haven't seen Ivy in a bit. Probably got very into her game." I laughed lightly.

"Yeh, last time I saw her she explored her way into our bedroom. Told her to go," He chuckled a bit.

I laughed with him, Then realization hit. "You told her to 'get lost' earlier?"

He nodded.

"You have got to be kidding me," I groaned. "You don't say that to a two year old!"

"I wasn't thinkin'! Didn't think she'd actually get lost."

"Are you implying Ivy is lost?" I questioned seriously. He shrugged.

"Just guessing," he whispered.

I shot up from my chair to go to Ivy's room. "Ivy!" I called. I searched all over the house.

"Niall!" I lectured. "You literally told Ivy to get lost, and now she is. Get up and help look for our daughter."

He guiltily stood up.

"Where is she?" I asked to myself quietly.

a/n i did it again. haven't updated in like two weeks, sorry ab that...
thank jessica @-Made_in_the_AM for this chapter because she asked for it.

i love you all so much. tpwk.

all the love

-a.

song—> issues by julia michaels