chapter ten- insecure

Addison's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror. My mom bod looked ugly in this outfit. I turned around, hoping that the other side looked better, but no such luck in that department either. I was wearing a royal blue miniskirt with a black tank tucked into it. I hoped I would look at least half decent in it, but my stomach seemed to sag out, ruining the tighter feel. In the reflection of the mirror, I could see Niall walking up behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist from the back and laid his head on my shoulder.

"You look cute," he remarked, smiling.

"Thanks, but I'm changing out of it," I sighed.

Niall backed away in shock. "What? Why?" His eyebrows her crooked and he looked slightly ticked off.

"I dunno, I just don't like the way it looks," I frowned again looking down the outfit.

As I started walking towards my closet, Niall grabbed my shoulder to stop me. I looked back at him, his eyes full of sorrow.

"Come on, you look fine!" he encouraged.

I shook my head. "I have a better outfit anyways."

"No, Addison. Don't feel bad about yourself, okay? You look great, and frankly, I don't care how you look because I know your personality well enough."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "I'm changing," I persisted.

Niall pulled me back. "Stay in it, you're beautiful, babe."

While I loved the compliments, I really wasn't comfortable with the way it looked at me. "Niall, it is my body and my decision! I don't want to wear this." Niall frowned and sighed in defeat. I turned back to my closet and pulled out my favorite leggings and an old hoodie from college. At least this was comfortable.

When I arrived to the living room, Niall was on his phone, and Ivy was standing at the T.V. watching Vampirina, again. Niall looked up at me when I entered the room and smiled, but his smile faded when he saw my outfit. "Your old one was fine," he said glumly. I rolled my eyes. I was so over him. Ivy heard Niall talk and looked back to see that I was there.

"G'mornin' Mama!" she exclaimed.

"Good morning, Ivy," I said as a lifted her up. "Can you cuddle with Mama?" I whispered into her ear. She nodded and laid her head on my chest, watching T.V. from my arms.

Niall looked over at us for a moment, but I fixed my eyes on the television, not currently bothered by his stares.

After a bit, Ivy lifted her head and looked at me. "Mama, why you want cuddles?" she inquired curiously.

"I don't know, I just love Ivy's cuddles," I smiled.

"Otay, because a lot of times you want cuddles when you're sad," Ivy mentioned before laying her head back down.

I frowned, knowing that that was true. I glanced at Niall, who was still scrolling through something on his phone. I was sad. I was sad with my body and the way it looked, even though I knew it was unnecessary.

When lunchtime came around, I put Ivy down for a nap after we ate soup. I decided to go and change into a plain sports bra rather than my bulky sweatshirt. I laid down on my bed and tried to fall asleep; I felt so sleep deprived. After laying for a while, Niall walked in. I guess he thought I was already asleep.

I attempted to slowly move my blanket over my face so I looked like I was asleep, but leaving one eye out slightly so I could see what he was doing. He slipped off his shirt and changed into some grey sweats before sliding into the bed next to me. Hesitantly, he laid his head on my stomach, and fell asleep. Well that was fast. I slowly fell asleep as well, trying to ignore the hair that kept tickling me when I breathed.

~~~~~~

I woke up to Niall not being there, and the strumming of a song I recognized. I looked up at Niall, who wore a cheeky smile at the end of my bed.

I facepalmed when I realized what song it was.

"You're beautiful," Niall sang, pretty off key.

Why do I have such a corny husband?

'I'm sorry, you cannot hit James Blunt's note," I teased.

Niall rolled his eyes. "Oh, hush. Neither can you,"

I fake gasped. "Ouch, exposing me there, Horan?"

Niall narrowed his eyes. "You're a Horan too, so watch what you say," he tormented.

I rolled my eyes as I got up to check on Ivy.

"I meant it, by the way," Niall spoke. "You are beautiful." He smiled a toothy grin.

I laughed before continuing to Ivy's room.

Ivy was passed out, cuddling a random stuffed animal

Ivy was passed out, cuddling a random stuffed animal. I smiled at her cuteness before snapping a quick picture. I then sighed remembering when she ran away only two days ago.

Never again, I thought to myself.

One of the worst experiences ever. And I've gone through plenty of those.

I looked down at my lazy day outfit. Why couldn't I look good in anything?

a/n this chapters a lil shorter but it's also a lil late soooo sorry ab that it's only like a lol over 800 words so. yes ily also should i be advertising this more and acknowledging readers? other people do that and now i feel like a sucky author cuz i don't. i actually know who my readers are and stuff i do pay attention.

-Made_in_the_AM
91_justlikelou
MrsAnuHoran
Someonewho8
thank you for everyone's support. ily :)

song—> little things by one direction