Lies , lies, and more lies

writer's block has taken a toll on me for the longest but I'm slowly navigating back and getting it together.

Just hang in there.

___________

*Toniyah pov

I didn't know anything nor anybody. My head was pounding and my body was numb

"What about the other boy....? Is he alright?" Erin asked

"He's fine, we spoken with his uncle and things should be fine."

"Other boy...I was in a car wreck with somebody else?"

"Yeah...toniyah do you know a name called josiah?" Erin...I think ...I asked

I shook my head no In confusion.

" she's going to be very confused I say at least about a month. But just giving her constant reminders and helping her remember things is all you really can do right about now"

"I'm going to go check upon Josiah and see where his status is at, your more than welcome to take her home , she should be fine." The doctor says and walked out.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom" Erin says walking out after him

A woman who I'm guessing is my foster mother grabbed my hand.

"Everything is going to be ok I promise"she whispers as she crouched down next to me.

I just gave her a puzzled look because I wish I knew who she was.

_________
*Josiah pov

I bruised up pretty bad and had a sprained arm. Nothing was severely broken or damaged. I just hope my girl good.

A light knock came on my door and my doctor walked in

"How are you ?" He asked

"I'm good I feel really sore but doc can you tell me about my girlfriend? Is she good?" I asked sitting myself up

"Toniyah... Well I just got back from talking to her and her family and it had been confirmed she has amnesia. That's the only Brain damage she has suffered. "

"So she don't know who I am?"

"Not anyone that's short term. I say about 60% of her memory is gone but with extra and consistent help I'm sure she will be ok."

"Damn...." I sighed

"Excuse me doctor, we would like a word with this young man" some police officers walked in

"Of course take your time" the doctor walked out and the police walked towards me

"Hello Josiah, I'm detective Conner and this is officer Warren and officer Polk. We wanna ask you some questions if that's ok with you."

"Yeah man y'all good" I shrugged my shoulders

They took all 3 took a seat

"We understand you were the driver and Toniyah which is your girlfriend was in the passenger seat"

"Yeah" I agreed

"Can you tell me what happened and what may have caused you to wreck?"

I took a deep ass breath

"Everything is really blurry cause it happened so fast but we had just left from this building Toniyah told me to pick her up at. When she got in the car everything was all good but while driving we got into it and I guess I got so distracted with arguing I ended up doging an on comming car which made us wreck." i knew that was partially the story and the other part i have no idea about.