pretty • san

WARNING; a little bullying and some angst. the mc and san are in elementary school. the reader has eczema.

eczema- a condition where patches of skin become inflamed, itchy, red, cracked and rough. it may also cause scars from scratching too much or too hard in an area. (it's an autoimmune disease)

 (it's an autoimmune disease)

CHOI SAN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"oh, she's wearing long sleeves today."

"good, i don't want to see her ugly arms anymore!"

"i heard that her skin like that because she has a disease."

"that's nasty!"

"she needs to hurry up and find a cure. she always looks weird."

sasha heard the whispers, almost loud and clear. she knew the kids were talking about her, more so, her face, arms, and neck that were adorned dark scars. they talked about her lips, and the ring that surrounded them, and how she scratched as if she "were on drugs" all the time.

the young girl listened to them, heart slowly shattering as they continued to call her a "monster" for having "weird skin problems." they were relentless on belittling her condition, not in any way compassionate.

it had always been like this. those kids always talked about sasha and how she looked. they judged her and were never friendly. sasha was afraid to tell an adult, she didn't want to be labeled as a 'tattler'.

she tried to tune out the voices, but struggled as they were seated in the bleachers behind her. she countinued to listen, until a body bumped into hers roughly.

"why would you push me?! what if i get what she has? i'll be ugly and nasty looking!" one of the girls screeched. the other kids laughed at her concern.

but sasha had had enough, she jumped from her seat and rushed to the double doors, exiting the gymnasium with hot tears pooling in her eyes. she wanted to be as far away from those bullies as possible.

she continued to run until she came across a familiar door to the girls bathroom.

sasha bursted through the door and let out a choked sob. she was tired of continuously being talked about because of her condition. it was already hard for her to deal with it, but those other kids made it harder for her. they would always go on about how she looked and how she needed help. did they not think she knew that already? she sat against a wall putting her head to her knees as she continued to cry, the sounds echoing in the bathroom.

"why are you crying?" suddenly came a voice.

the crying girl snapped her head in its direction. it was a boy. his hand was on the door handle as he peered at sasha, dimples showing as he pursed his lips.

"i-i'm not crying." sasha responded, quickly wiping her tears as she looked at him.

"yes you were. i heard you." he told her, walking into the bathroom towards her. he sat next to her, making himself comfortable.

"what are you doing?" sasha asked softly, eyebrows furrowing as she looked at the boy. "sitting next to you." he replied simply, looking at her with curious eyes. "you can't be in the girl's bathroom, you'll get in trouble."

"are you going to tell me why you're crying?" he asked her, ignoring what she had said.

"why?" sasha sighed, letting out a small sniffle right after.

"because." was his reply.

"that doesn't answer my question." sasha grumbled at him. the boy only shrugged in response, but still begged her to tell him.

"fine!" she broke, irritated at the probing boy she didn't know. "people were talking about my skin and i got upset and ran away." tears pooled in her eyes again.

"what's wrong with your skin?" he asked.

"what do you mean 'what's wrong' do you not see me? i look like a monster!" she scowled at him.

"no..."

"yes i do! i look horrible and disgusting." she whimpered, putting her head back to her knees.

the boy frowned at her words. "well i don't think so. i think you're very pretty." he mumbled honestly, blushing a little at his words.

"stop lying to me."

"i'm being honest! those bullies can go step on rocks and fall off a cliff if they talk about you." he declared. sasha giggled at him. "ah-ha! i knew you could smile. and even your smile is pretty!" he told the girl, as she smiled wider.

her smile faded and she sighed, turning her head away from the boy.

"my mom always told me that you shouldn't worry about what others think and that their opinions don't matter." the boy said, causing sasha to turn to him again.

"but sometimes it's hard. sometimes i'm not fine after what they say." she whispered, frowning.

"well now you have me! if you don't feel fine, i'll come and cheer you up! i'll be the best cheer up person ever." he stood up, bawling his fist in determination as he looked down to her.

"i don't even know you." sasha said to him.

"well...i'm san." he told her with a smile, his dimples on display for the young girl, as he offered her his hand

sasha stares at him for a moment. she smiles and puts her hand in his. "i'm sasha."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
AUTHOR'S NOTE

hope you enjoyed this imagine!

this is kinda based on some things that happened to me.

i have eczema, it's not horrible, but it's not good either because my skin is super sensitive.

i have scars, i'm working on them, but they're there.

if you also have eczema, i want you to know that you are BEAUTIFUL! those scars don't define you. you are NOT a monster. you are NOT ugly. you are a HUMAN and that's all that matters, because to me, you're PERFECT.

i love you all!