the lovely bones • bts

WARNING; angst. description of murder. the mc is a young girl (15 years of age)

 the mc is a young girl (15 years of age)

BTS
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

the family sat in the living room in silence, eyes focused on the officer who stood before them. they had been anxious upon his arrival, wondering if the man had had any leads on their missing member.

"mr. and mrs. kim..." the police officer, chief wang, started. he took his hat off as he looked at the parents. his eyes seemed to be filled with...pity? mrs. kim felt her heart rate increase, tears already pooling in her eyes. "please tell me she's not—"

"sujin let him talk." mr. kim interrupted her, though he was feeling the same way she was, along with his sons who waited for the cheif to speak: terrified.

"earlier today....we got a call and were lead to the trail in the woods by a couple. they say they were taking a walk when they had saw a head sticking up from the ground...it was the head of your missing daughter." the family froze, hearts sinking as he spoke. mrs. kim let out a loud sob, turning her head to her husband's shoulder as he patted her back with his own tears falling.

"s-so she's...dead?" jin had asked, his jaw clenched as he tried to hold back his tears. he wanted to be strong for his family, but the cheif's news was driving him to his own breaking point.

"no! don't say negative things like that!" jungkook growled at his brother, his hands contorted into fists.

the officer sighed, casting his head down.

"p-please don't do that sir, you're scaring us." taehyung had mumbled, his hands shaking in anticipation. jimin only silently nodded in agreement, his words stuck in his throat as he looked at the officer with glassy eyes.

"sir, we don't have time for your pauses we need to know if our sister is—" hoseok is cut off.

"let him finish." yoongi said, not sparing anyone in his family a glance. the guilt was eating at him. this was his fault. his sister was missing, and probably now dead, because he was too selfish to go and pick her up when she needed him to. he wasn't there to save her like he was supposed to as a brother.

'this is all my fault' was all that was going through his head.

"at first, we thought she may have been buried up until her head, but we found out that she was decapitated." wang continued, but paused when mrs. kim let out a loud wail. "d-decap-pitated?! my baby?! w-who would d-do such a t-hing to a c-child?!"

"...my god." namjoon mumbled, putting his face in his hands in despair at the news.

though the sight of the breaking family was hurting chief wang's heart, he continued. "her body had also been cut up into several pieces and scattered around in the woods. i didn't have the picture you had gave me when you first reported her missing with me at that time, which i apologize for, but i remember you saying something about her hair being braided and how she had gold star earrings."

the family was a mess at this point.

"they chopped up her body?!" jungkook was furious, as he stood up. hoseok, who was seated next to him, shakily pulled the boy back down to the couch.

chief wang felt bad as he spoke again "her bracelet was also found, it was still on her...severed hand."

he took out the bracelet and held it up for the family to see. mrs. kim's cries grew louder at the item in the chief's hands. her baby was gone. she wouldn't be able to hold her, or caress her ebony skin, or kiss her chubby cheeks like she always did. she wouldn't be able to watch her child grow into what she dreamed to be.

she was dead.

brutally murdered.

at only 15.

how could someone do this to such a young and happy girl?

why was she taken away so soon?

the living room was filled with crying kim family members. they had all just had their hearts shattered at the same time. by the same news.

cheif wang spoke again, his own eyes becoming teary as he looked at the broken family. "we know that it was definitely a murder, we just don't have any suspects at the moment. but, if you remember anyone she was with on the last day you saw her, our team may be closer to solving this." he pulled out a note pad, grabbing a pen from one of the many compartments of his vest.

and so began the trial of kim tiana the adoptive black daughter of the kim family, and a young girl murdered in cold blood.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
AUTHOR'S NOTE

i am: heartbroken.

this really hurt my heart to write, but i also really wanted to write it...i'm a little weird.

this was inspired by the movie 'the lovely bones' there is also a book, but i haven't read it.

i wrote this in around 20 minutes and i'm actually proud of myself.

(even though it's 12:15 AM)

i love you all!