numb • lucas

WARNING; angst. short chapter

WONG YUKHEI▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

WONG YUKHEI
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"nat—" he started to say, but she cut him off with a sharp tone.

"don't say my name." her eyes were devoid of any emotion. "don't speak to me either." she started to walk past him, but he grabbed her wrist before she could go any further. "wait."

"let me go." natalia scowled, trying to pry his hand from her wrist. "i just wanna talk to you." he said, looking into her eyes, a little bothered at how they didn't have the same light they did when she stared at him.

natalia let out a scoff. "i don't want to talk to you."

"well i want to talk to you, nat. i want to...apologize for what i did and see if we could...maybe...restart." he scratched the back of his head.

"i don't care what you want, and i don't want to restart, so let me go." she kept up her attempts at getting his hand from around her wrist. "but, i'm sorry natalia. i'm really, really sorry for everything." he told her, eyes fixated on her with desperation.

"yukhei, an apology won't change what you did." she spoke.

he froze, his pride a little wounded at her using his real name instead of the nickname she'd once utter.

"can i make it up to you? is that possible?" he asked, desperate to get back on good terms with the girl he was still in love with.

even if his past actions showed otherwise.

"make it up to me? really?" she was in disbelief at the boy standing in front of her. "you cheated on me multiple times with my best friend and got her pregnant. how can you make that up, lucas?" though she had used the nickname, her tone was venomous.

lucas was speechless, knowing she had a point.

how could he make up the fact that he had broke her heart like that? how could he make up the fact that he had messed up a friendship because he and her best friend were selfish and fell into temptation, without even being safe about it?

"exactly," she muttered to him, lip trembling from the toll of emotions. "now let me go."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃