Prologue

Omtimistic
2002

Za'Niya played with her mom and her dad, around there house, Za'Niya ran up the stairs, and hide, as her dad came in.

He chuckled seeing her behind the curtains, "Where could my princess be?" He asked, playfully, walking around.

"Is she....under the bed?" He said, pulling the cover up, "Is she.....in the closet?" He said, opening the closet.

Mean while Za'Niyah thought she out smarted him, hiding begins the curtains, covering her mouth, containing her giggle.

"Or is she....." he pulled the curtains back picking her up, "Behind the curtains" He screamed tickling her, making her laugh.

Her mother came inside, and watched them, with a smile, then there was a noise downstairs, making her mom look at the dad.

He was a big time drug dealer, he was trying to put it behind him, but it was hard to get people off your back when your a kingpin.

He nodded, "Come on baby, you gotta be quiet" He mother said, taking Za'Niyah to a secret hide out.

She put her inside, "Don't come out, okay?" Her mother asked, making her nod, she closed the hidden door, walking away.

She knew that if they both hide, they wouldn't be able to lie about there daughter where about, and if they died.

They would look for her, amd her daughter, she she left her there, after ah whilen Za'Niyah heard gunshots.

She was content on getting up or staying put, she finally made her decision, to be a white girl that day, moving from her spot.

She walked to ah good length of the steps, seeing men with masks, and her mom and dad tied up.

There where bullet holes in the ceiling, she watched, not being able to get to a phone, without them noticing her.

"I'm gonna asl one last time, where is the money?" The man questioned, and her dad sighed heavily.

"I just told you I don't have any here" Her father replied, making him shot him, and then his wife.

Za'Niyah contained her scream, quietly running back to her hidding spot, hearing them breaking things, and move stuff around.

After ah while, she heard sirens, making her open the door, seeing a officer walking by, he stopped kneeling down to her level.

"Hi little one" He said, with a sweet smile, she just looked at him, and he chuckled, "My names Chuck, what about you?" He asked.

She looked at him, "Za'Niyah" She mumbled, barely audible, he nodded, holding his hand out, to help her up, she took it.

Making him smile, "You got any family?" He asked, and she thought for a minute, the only family she really knew was her aunt.

"My aunt" She whispered, making him nod, "You know her number?" He asked, and she nodded, he parents made her memorize.

There numbers, and her aunts, just for emergencies, which oblivious was ah good idea, they dialed the number.

After her conversation with Officer Chuck she didn't really speal, and she wouldn't talk to any other officer.

He heloed her, he even went woth her to her aunts, who lived in Flordia, while she lived in Atlanta, after that she never saw him again.

He was probably 19 at the time, after that, she only spoke with her aunt, and only when they were in private.

TBC....