IX

Today is an interesting day because there was a confirmed case of cv here in the county I live in, everyone is slowly but surly being tested for it as well.

This chapter is short due to the fact I have a lot of stuff I need to get done but I wanted to get something out to all of you! Thank you so so so much for 1.27k reads on this book ❤️ it means so much to me I love all of you ❤️❤️

Jungkook smiles as he watches his brother and friends happily talk amongst themselves, slowly enjoying their dinner the King graciously provided them. Yoongi, San, and Yeosang make their way in to the dining hall, the vampires chuckling softly at what the fairy said.

Taehyung is seated at the head of the table, Jungkook directly to his right. Ever since Taehyung asked the smaller to be his Queen he had Jungkook attend 'classes' everyday, the classes help Jungkook learn about their history, culture, diet, etc.

As dinner progresses, Taehyung takes it upon himself to explain what mates are, knowing that San, Yeosang, and Yoongi all just want to cuddle up to their beloveds that sit directly across from them. The King is great full for how understanding they are, willing to give their mates a chance.

One question is asked that even has Jungkooks curiosity, "Will Hyung have to be turned if he rules beside you your majesty?" Jonghos voice is shaky as he asks that very question, that question has been in the back of his mind since they announced they were officially together.

"Yes. On our wedding night is when it would happen if course, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it love."

"B-But what about our father? School? Your life outside of this Kingdom? What will become of any of that Hyung?!" Jonghos voice raises in volume, the King now glaring at him.

"Don't worry little one, I'm not keeping him from any of that. Our wizard actually makes potions we can drink to stay out in the sun for at least a week, I'm not entirely taking him away from you." Taehyung picks up his glass, taking a long swig before standing.

"Now little one, what about you? Don't any of those questions apply to you?"

"I can't just stay here, none of us can. I refuse-"

"We'll die without our mates Jongho, if you leave to go continue to live that life and be happy out there I would die. That applies to every mythical being here, my heart belongs to you and I'm willing to sacrifice everything for you.. but I appear to be the only one to feel that way." Yeosang stands quickly, throwing his napkin on the table before he runs off, tears rushing down his angelic face.

Jonghos jaw drops as he watches the fairy run off, "Is that true? Would he die without me?"

Swallow the lump that seems to form in his throat Taehyung nods, "Yes. That's why I don't plan on letting Jungkook leave without me, I simply can't live without him. Now if you'll kindly excuse me, fairies are known to be extremely sensitive and tend to feel emotions more than we can."

Taehyung leans down and pecks Jungkooks pouty lips a few times before walking away, "Jongho things are going to be different from here on, that's something you're going to have to accept. At one point in time you both were sneaking around, does he mean nothing to you? Was he just something to pass time? Or do you actually care about him?"

Jongho sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair, watching as his brother went after Taehyung and Yeosang. Wooyoung and Jimin share a look before the younger decides to speak up, "Did you use him Jongie?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the far side of the kingdom, Yeosang is seated in front of a fountain watching as his tears begin to mix with the water.

"Yeosang?" Turning around he's met with Taehyung and Jungkook standing at the entryway to the garden, "Areyou alright?"

"No. Us fair folk feel emotions more intense then anyone, it's hard for me to sit at that table and look at him. He refuses to stay here and stay with me.. as a fairy I'm bound here. If I leave I die, if he leaves I die. I die no matter what Taehyung...."

"What do you mean bound here?" Jungkook asks as he sits beside the crying boy.

"When a fairy is born they can only stay in one place, if they leave abruptly and try to adapt to a new place it could kill them. Their body's would go into shock, their wings will wilt away... I-I... When I was a baby my parents swore to the King that we would stay here and serve him no matter what. When a fairy swears to something their life is bound to it, if we don't we die. No matter what I will die Jungkook."

"That's not fair.. that's horrible little one, you shouldn't have to go through this..."

Jungkook pulls him into a hug, allowing Yeosang to cry his heart out. Taehyung kisses his temple before joining the hug, making a mental note to talk to the head Wizard to see if they could do anything to prevent this from happening.