ive got you

sabrina also didn't sleep a wink afraid that if she closed her eyes rowan would be gone. rowan woke up the next day with a massive headache and a broken heart. she sat up and sabrina did the same. "i need help" rowan breathed out. sabrina hugged her bicep and rested her chin on her shoulder. "i've got you"
she said again. the two walked downstairs and sabrina made breakfast while rowan sat at the table with coffee. they ate and walked to the couch. "do you think i can do it?" she asked. "yes. you're not done yet." sabrina told her. "you don't know that" rowan said. "no. but i know you and this ro. this isn't you. but i'm gonna help you find yourself" sabrina told her. "thank you" she said. "i i what i asked of you was unfair ro. being popular means nothing to me when your like this" sabrina said her voice cracking. "from now on you're the focus. no more parties no more drinking. just us okay?" sabrina assured her. "us and a soccer ball and your turtle shorts ok?" she chuckled and rowan smiled in return. "okay"
she agreeed.
the two agreed to continue their training. not only that but they did things they used to do. like game night or the diner. "come on. go get changed" rowan said as they finished their film review. "into what?" sabrina asked. "what ever you want. but hurry" rowan told her. she changed into a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt. rowan wore sweats and a t shirt. they walked to the jeep and hopped in. they drove to the diner. rowan grabbed a bag from the back before they headed in. they ordered their usual. oreo milkshake for ro and strawberry for sab. accompanied by burgers and fries. "so what's in the bag champ?" sabrina asked taking a sip of her shake. "mmm it's a new game we should try!" she pulled out the infamous manopoly deal. "hmm i've never heard of this" she said. "yeah. the national team girls well alex and tobin introduced me to it." rowan shrugged. "okay so here are the rules" rowan explained and they played for a while. they stood in the diner for hours. "soooo have you heard from any schools?" rowan asked her. sabrina stiffened up a bit. she dreamt of becoming some big CEO of her own company. "actually yeah." sabrina told her. rowan looked at her expectantly. "come on let's go" sabrina said getting up. "sab. wait. what are you not telling me?" rowan said stopping. "uh" she sniffled. "i got accepted to NYU" she told her tears threatened to spill. "no way!! no fing way! sab are you serious?!!" rowan jumped up and down. sabrina nodded. "i am so so so proud of you" rowan enveloped the girl in a tight hug. sabrina hugged her back as rowan picked her up off the ground spinning her around. the girls laughed. they pulled apart and stared into each others eyes. rowan leaned in and brushed her lips against sabrinas lightly until sabrina reciprocated. "wait wait ro" sabrina said pulling apart. "we we can't. your your you're hurting and i i" sabrina said pulling away. "i know" rowan mumbled. "you're going to make it out of this okay. i've got you" sabrina told her. they drove back in silence. rowan and sabrina didn't bring up nyu. because both girls knew what it meant. sabrina would be leaving. she would be gone after this year. and rowan would be left alone. with soccer or not and that thought was just too much to bear for both of them. as time progressed rowan was still in pain she was lost but she was getting back her strength she was looking better on the field. she stopped drinking and didn't cause a scene in school. she stuck with sabrina and that was it. it was them against the world.
sabrina knew damn well it wasn't fair to uphold rowan to this expectation of being her fake girlfriend. "hey ro" sabrina said walking into the library during rowans study hall. "hey sab. uh what's up?" she asked clearly confused as to why she was in the library. "i think we should break up"
"

"what?" "i'm a bitch rowan a total grade A bitch for making you do this. you're you're you're not in a good place right now and i've been prioritizing my popularity over your health and it's not right. it's soooo not right" sabrina said feeling awful. "i can't hold you to this so i'm giving you an out" sabrina said. she got up and sniffled and left. rowan jogged our to her car in the rain. "sab! wait!" she called as she ran.
"what's going on?"
"it means nothing rowan! i'm over being the queen. i just i want you to be okay and happy and i don't need the rest of this cause i'm going to new york and none of this will matter then and and-" sabrina said tears flowing freely now.
"you don't need me?" rowan asked. "no rowan i i i don't need you anymore not like that" sabrina said sadly. she hoped this wouldn't be the end. rowan stood there letting the rain wash away her pain although it wasn't working. "but i need you" she whispered. sabrina got up and walked to the girl. "i've got you. you have me" she whispered in her ear as she held her. she pushed her face deep into the crook of the girls neck as rowan choked away her tears. "you and me?" sab asked. "me and you"
against the world.