Crackin' Ceremony

Well, well, well. Look what the cat finally decided to drag back in, but you know what? I will look incredibly stupid if no reads this, but it will look somewhat cool of someone did read it, and if you are a human reading this just ignore everything after the question mark!

(Narrator POV)

Cracks ran along the blue egg, it slowly shook from side to side making chaos envelop the small camp, the fire was slowly coming back to life as Herba threw on a few sticks in order too reheat the soup, and Y/n was pulling out a towel in order to dry off the Shinx. Deino was also starting to stir, his nose occasionally twitched as he could smell the soup being heated up.

"Never fond of this part." Loudly grumbled Y/n, hurriedly pulling out his Rotom Phone seeing that it had only turned 7, meaning that both he and Herba had been since 6:49 getting ready for the injured Deino, and the egg. "We can start heading into Motostoke after this, and maybe get in a few battles for you." Tiredly grunted Y/n, watching in anticipation as the egg was barely being held together, before it simply feel apart revealing the small Shinx that was inside.

Shinx was a feline Pokémon resembling a kitten, if the kitten stood at 30cm in height and weighed 7.5kg in weight. His front half was a light blue, while the his rear was midnight black. There was a somewhat short tuft of fur on his head and smaller tufts on each cheek. He had large, oval ears with yellow, star-shaped markings on the insides, yellow eyes, and a tiny, red nose. A black marking encircles his neck like a collar and there was a yellow bands above his forepaws. The hind paws were black on the Shinx. Spiked fur surrounds the base of his long tail, which was tipped with a yellow star shape. 

'Quite small, but he will shoot up like a weed.' Amusedly thought Y/n, gently scooping up the Shinx and began to softly dab the towel off of the Shinx's fur, in order to remove glair that covered him. "Luck, I'll call you that for now." Soothingly whispered Y/n, locking eyes with Luck in order for him to imprint on him and not some random trainer.

"Shi?" Curiously whined Luck, ramming his head into Y/n's chest which didn't hurt at all, before Y/n could feel Luck's small nose twitching against his top, taking in the scent of his father. "Ink, ink?" Confusedly pined Luck, making Y/n bundle the baby up so he could grab a bowl of soup for the Shinx.

Unlike human babies who were completely defenseless at birth and for many years afterwards until they could run, Pokémon babies were capable of fighting the instant they got their bearings and could run and eat solid foods without waiting. It was recommended for the baby Pokémon to at least get to the average size and weight for its species, before you begin training it, since an intense training regimen could damage the Pokémon's development. 

"Yeah yeah, here's some food. Careful it is hot." Amusedly chided Y/n, dishing up a few bowls of soup for himself, Herba, Luck, and Deino since Y/n was certain that he would wake up soon enough. "Here you go guys and gal, eat up since I'm certain we'll be fighting a few trainers today." Cheerfully chirped Y/n, placing down a bowl in front of Luck and the Deino, while handing one to Herba and kept one for himself.

Calmly lifting a spoon to his face, Y/n watched as Luck slowly lapped up the soup, occasionally chewing on a piece of berry before swallowing it, while Herba sleepily slurped up the soup. Pulling off a spare Pokéball from his belt, Y/n looked over it, putting it away a moment later since he was in no particular rush to catch the Shinx.

A sudden rustling sound made Y/n and Herba stiffen, making them look over towards the source of sound, and saw that Deino was standing up. The fur around his body was standing up, with Deino baring his teeth in Y/n's general direction before sniffing the air.

"Your old trainer released you. If you want I can hand you over to the proper authorities or you can join me." Bluntly stated Y/n, holding out his left hand so Deino could get a smell of it, the Dragon type calming down once he realized that it wasn't his trainer but the guy who had saved him. "I can't promise that I'll be the strongest trainer out there, but I can promise I will treat all of my Pokémon the best I can, and that I'll become the strongest I can." Passionately declared Y/n, watching as the Deino gingerly places his snout against Y/n's palm, accepting him.