Chapter 2

Chapter 2

April 25, 20XX

The bell rang through the school, alerting the start of lunch. Suya turned to look at Victor and saw him pulling out a lunch box. He turned around to see Jun and Yuuichi talking with each other while seemingly waiting for someone.

Suddenly, the door to the classroom opened. Suya turned around and saw Shoichi, a brown rabbit and a white rabbit. They entered the classroom while greeting a few classmates of his.

They sat near Yuuichi and Jun and greeted them. All of them pulled out their lunch boxes and started talking amongst themselves.

"Hey, Suya." He heard Victor say. He turned towards Victor who was smiling at him. "Let's join them, shall we?" He asked him, pointing his thumb towards Yuuichi's group.

"Huh? Oh yeah, sure!" They took their lunch boxes and headed towards the group.

"Hey Yuuichi. May we join you?" Victor asked them.

Yuuichi looked up and smiled. "Yeah sure! C'mon, drag a few more chairs here." And they did.

"So, who's this newbie, Vic-kun?" The brown rabbit asked.

"Oh, this is Suyami Haruchiya, but you can call him Suya." Victor replied with a smile.

"Hey..." Suya shyly waved at her.

The brown rabbit leapt up from her seat and jumped in front of Suya, her face right in front of his muzzle.

"Hi! My name is Saya Mizoguchi, nice to meet you!" She greeted him excitedly.

"Calm down, Saya-san. You don't need to jump in front of him like that." The white rabbit said. He then turned his attention towards Suya. "My name is Keisuke Urushihara. Pleased to be your acquaintance."

"Nice to meet you too, Urushihara-san." Suya smiled thankfully at the white rabbit.

"Why the -san? I'm a junior." Keisuke said with a smile.

"Well, I am probably younger than you, so yeah..." Suya replied. But before Keisuke could reply, Suya jumped up. "Oh shit! I need to get Sero! Sorry guys, I need to check on my brother. I'll be right back!"

Suya leapt up and walked out of the classroom. He went down the stairs and reached class 2-B, and opened the door. He got greeted by many stares, but he shook them off. He looked around the room for Sero, and spotted him talking with a wolf and a sabercat.

"Hey Sero, do you want to eat with me in my classroom?" He asked the fox.

Sero looked up towards his brother and smiled. "Of course!" He turned towards the wolf and the sabercat. "Sorry guys, my brother and I wanted to eat together the first day. I'll join you guys tomorrow!"

"Don't worry, we understand. Right Haru-kun?" The sabercat said.

"Shut up, don't call me Haru-kun." The wolf grumbled.

Sero giggled and followed his brother outside the class with his lunchbox.

"Who were they?" Suya asked Sero.

"They were my friends! The sabercat is Kiga, and the wolf is Haruki!" Sero replied.

"Glad to see you've made some friends." Suya smiled at him.

They entered Suya's classroom and walked up to the group.

Suya quickly introduced Sero to the group and sat down. The lot of them talked about many things, from games to school. Then, the topic of Suya's and Sero's age came up.