Chapter 1

Tobin's pov
'One more lap and I'm done' I told myself. I was literally about to die. Vlatko's been making our training program way harder than before in anticipation of the Olympics. We only have a week left of this camp before we fly to Japan.

We won the concacaf and to this day we're still undefeated. We're coming into the Olympics expected to win the gold medal. Not like it wasn't our goal anyway. I was so glad when Vlatko told us the roster would be the same as last year. That meant I still had a year to play with my 22 best friends.

"Good work today girls. Day off tomorrow. Get some rest and I'll see you on Monday" the coach told us before we got on the bus back to the hotel. I decided to sit alone so I could take a quick nap. "Wake up, Harry" Allie shook my shoulder rather aggressively. "I'm up" I growled as I got up from my seat. "We're going to eat right now so after we can really relax" she informed me. That was fine for me.

"Hey" I said when I sat at the table where Abby, Moe, Kelley, Alex and Christen were sitting. "Hi" Christen replied and directed her bright smile at me. "Hello" Moe managed to say through her yawn. "I know someone who needs that day off" Kelley remarked. "I just want to collapse on my bed" Moe layed her head on the table. "At least you're not in a room with Allie who snores like an old man" I told her. "Well she does talk in her sleep a little" Abby said. "I do not!" Moe gasped. "Oh you do" Alex agreed.

"You're lucky it was your turn to have a room all by yourself" I told Christen when the other girls started arguing about who's more annoying to sleep with. "I guess I am" she acknowledged.

I ate quickly so I could get some good sleep while Allie was hanging in Alex's and Kelley's room. I was sleeping peacefully until she came back and started snoring. I'm not a heavy sleeper so it woke me up instantly. I looked at my phone and it was 1 am. Ugh.

I went through my contacts and texted someone.
Me: Are you still awake?
Chris: I am. What are you doing up?
Me: Harry's snoring again. Why are you?
Chris: I just can't sleep :/
Me: Want some company?
Chris: Room 423

Thank god. I put on some slippers and sneaked out of my room. I got to Christen's room and knocked gently. "Hi" she whispered opening the door. "Come on" I grabbed her hand and dragged her out of her room. "What are you doing?" She asked giggling when we were in the elevator. "To the park" I told her. "You're serious?" Chris asked me. "Oh you bet I am" I replied.

We got outside and headed to the park that was about 2 minutes away from our hotel. "How are there people out there this late?" She remarked the people on the soccer field. "Wait is that Mal?" I squinted my eyes to see. "Stop messing with the ball and just shoot it" we heard someone scream. "That was Ashlyn's voice" Chris said.

"Tobyyy" Lindsey squealed when they saw us while Mal just ran to Christen and jumped in her arms. "Did you come to pick up your children?" Ashlyn joked. Fun fact: everyone in the team considers Mal and Lindsey our children. When I say everyone, it really is everyone. Even Chris and I. I mean sometimes they even call us mom so. And like the interaction we just had demonstrated, we each have a favorite child. Of course, we would never tell them.

"It's past their bed time" Ali commented. "At least they're not doing anything bad" Chris said when Mal finally let go of her. "Well now that you're here, you can watch them while we go catch some sleep" Ali said taking Ash's hand and walking away. "Sleep" I scoffed after covering Linds' ears. "Shhh" Ashlyn winked at us.

"What were you doing here?" I asked the kids. "Couldn't sleep because of Rose and Sammy so we went here to play a bit and we encountered Ash and Ali" Mal explained. "And you?" Lindsey asked. "Allie is snoring like crazy so I went to see Chris and I took her here" I told them. "Well now that you're here, 2v2?" Mal suggested. None of us even had to answer because we're always up for it. I got with Lindsey against the other two.

We played for a while and it was honestly so fun. It's not like when we play against each other during practices because even then we're being evaluated all the time. No. At this moment, we weren't professional athletes. We weren't in a competition. No one was watching us. We were just four friends enjoying each other's company. Well, of course I wanted to win, but it wasn't my main goal. Being pro isn't always easy, but moments like these are what makes it all worth it.

"I'm cold" I heard Mal whisper as she wrapped her arms around Chris. "We should go back" she then told me. "Good idea" I agreed because they both seemed pretty tired. "Grab your things" I told them before we headed back to the hotel. Arrived there, we walked them back to their room and made sure they were going straight to bed. "Goodnight you two" I said as I closed the light before leaving.

"It's hard being a parent" Chris said. "It is" I sighed. "So" she said as we reached her room. "You're coming in to sleep right?" She nervously asked. "I am. There is no way I am spending another night in the same room with Harry" I laughed. "Good" she laughed too and opened the door. I closed it behind us and immediately went to the bed. "Put this one" she said throwing some clothes at me. "I'm already in my pj" I reminded her. "You went outside with it and played in it so you're changing" she said and I knew there was no need to argue this with her.

"Oh come on" I exclaimed when I saw the clothes she passed me. "What?" She frowned. "You really had to give me Royals clothes" I shook my head. "You're my best friend Tobin so you can support my team plus it's just us in here" she told me. "Fine but you'll have to wear Thorns clothes soon" I sighed and put the shirt on. "Now come here and cuddle with me" I whined when she was taking so long. "So demanding" she rolled her eyes playfully. "Shut up" I said as she curled up to my side.

That's the best way to fall asleep. No snoring Harry. Instead, there's a very sleepy Chris heavily breathing close to me. That's all it took to make me close my eyes and drift to sleep.