Chapter 30

Daniëlle's pov
"I swear to God, Christen, you better give me my damn money" I told her. "Me?" She scoffed. "You owe me way more than I do. You should be the one stacking these bills in front of me" she said. "I knew I should've never trusted you with that deal" I sighed. "Okay guys, this isn't the monopoly championship take it easy" Viv said as she chewed loudly on something. "Don't try to make us forget you owe all of us 2k because you didn't pay your taxes" Lisa said. "Can you guys quiet down over there? I'm trying to watch a movie" Leah grumbled. "Oh what are you watching?" Lisa asked. "Love actually" Jordan replied. "We're not even in December yet" Viv remarked. "So what?" Leah fired back. "Just know I'm not giving up on this game, I just love this movie" I told the girls as I left the table to go to the living room.

"I've been meaning to ask this to you guys" Chris started as she joined me on the couch. "Yeah?" Viv said as she jumped on the couch, kicking Jordan a bit by doing so. "Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? I know in Sweden they didn't but I don't know about your countries" Chris asked. None of us do so we all said no. "Oh okay" she said and brought her attention back to the movie. I knew she was disappointed. I know this holiday is huge in America, maybe even more than Christmas for some, but in the Netherlands and in pretty much all Europe it isn't.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I told Chris before I got up. "Come here" I whispered and gestured to Lisa. "Can we make Thanksgiving happen? It would be like another team dinner we have together. I know it means a lot for her and you know" I asked my friend. "Yes don't worry. Just ask in the group chat and the girls will give their opinions on it. If they want to then I'll be happy to host the dinner" Lisa said and I thanked her before actually going to the bathroom. I pulled out my phone and knew exactly what I had to do.

[...]
Christen's pov
Since the day Daan and I really talked, everything has been going so well. I stayed at her place a couple days before going back to mine. She didn't even last a full day before she came to see me. I feel like a teenager that can't spend a minute without being with her lover. The nice part is that I know she feels the same way too. We've won every single one if our games so far which caused us to get on top of the league. Moving to London might've been the best move I've ever made. I have everything I ever wanted now.

"Stop staring" Daan said. "Stop being so hot" I replied as she put on her pants. "We're going to the store to get food" Leah shouted before they left. "Now we got the house to ourselves so you wouldn't have to hold back not to scream my name" Daan smirked and I hit her arm. "We have to get to the restaurant" I said, but I have to say the offer was pretty tempting. Daan started pouting like a little child. "We can do that when we come back" I said as I stared down at her muscles contracting as she put a shirt over her head. "I will take you up on that" she said as she placed a kiss on my lips before she gets out of the room.

She decided to take me to a restaurant to celebrate thanksgiving in a way. It's very nice of her. We took much more time in the shower than I expected so I had to get ready faster than I usually do. "You look good" Daan said as I replaced my hair for the hundredth time in the car. I was about to compliment her back, because she looks extra hot, but her phone started ringing. She put it on the speaker sonit would disturb her driving. "Daan! I know you're going out, but you need to come here! Cait broke up with Lia and she drank the whole bottle of whiskey. You need to stop her" Lisa almost screamed in the phone. "We're coming" I told her before Daan made a u-turn to get to their place. I didn't care about our reservation at all at this point. I just wanted to go help my friend.

"Come on" Daan let me walk in front as we walked towards Lisa's apartment. I opened the door and it was strangely quiet and dark. I walked up to the living room and they weren't there. I kept going to get in the kitchen when the lights suddenly opened. "Happy thanksgiving!" I heard as I observed the scene. The table was full of food surrounded by smiling gooners. I was completely speechless. "What about our dinner?" I asked Daan who seemed very satisfied. "That's our dinner. There's no reservation. I know it's hard being far from your family on this occasion, but I tried to make up for it. I talked to Kelley and she said that some people do Friendsgiving instead so that's what this is, I think" She explained. "Thank you so much" I told her before hugging her. "Come on you two! I'm hungry!" Jordan hurried us.