Chapter 19

Christen's pov
"I swear to god, Jordan, if you drank all the milk again" Leah threatened the girl. "Will you calm down a bit. We have another full pint it's just behind the container with Daan's weird little brown things" Jordan told her. "What even is that?" Leah examined the food. "They're called biterballen you dumbass" Daan snatched it from Leah's end a put in back in the fridge. "They look gross, but they're so good. It's like haggis. You just have to try it" Lisa said as she sat between Katie and Viv. "I am never eating haggis again in my life" Jill looked like she was about to throw up just thinking about it. "The ball things look better to be honest" Cait said. "They are" Jackie nodded. "You're bias though" Lisa replied.

Being around them was so similar to when I was with the national team. They have the same vibe and they're all so easy to be around. One other thing that was pretty similar is all close they seem to be. In most teams a lot of players get along well and many strong friendships are created with time, but in some teams, all the players are thight knitted together and this club seemed to be like that. I mean they were all so familiar with each other and even with Jackie and I that are relatively new for them.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked the group. "Well I have to go back after breakfast" Jackie answered first. "Oh no. Why can't you just stay forever with us?" Daan pouted. "I wish I could" Jackie smiled at her. "You should ne the one telling us. You're new to London. We can do whatever you want today" Leah told me. "I actually have to go sign my contract and do and take pictures" I replied. "Oh we'll come with you" Lisa said. "You guys don't have to" I told them. It's not that I didn't want them to come, but I didn't want to bother them. "No discussion. We'll all come to photo bomb your pictures" Jill joked.

So we finished eating breakfast and honestly I could get used to this quickly. It was so pleasant and fun. The gossiping was also all new information for me and I loved it. In a span of an hour, I learned that Katie has a girlfriend. Leah and Jordan are like unofficially together. I mean they are, but never put words to it. When I asked Daan why she just told me 'they just make sense, they don't need to explain anything' and I had to admit it was true. For Lia and Cait, I'm not sure. They look like they are, but not at the same time. I've known Caitlin for a while now and I think the only reason they aren't together is that she still has her last fling in mind. It's not my place to talk about it anyway.

I think other things were said, but I didn't quite understand everything. Their accents are all so strong and so different. Sometimes some of them just start talking another language and I'm just very confused. When they argue they just automatically switch. I'll have to at least learn one or two more languages to survive here. Even when they speak English I don't understand. When I'm just with the dutchies or just with the British ones it's not so bad, but when you mix up dutch, british, swiss, australian, scottish and irish all at the same time, my brain can't process it all. The worst part is that soon some austrian, french, german and danish are going to be added to the mix. It's definitely going to be a challenge, but I'm up for it.

One of the reason I was drawn to this club was this specifically. Not the accents, but the cultural mix. In the NWSL, we have some aussies, canadians and some other nationalities, but never as much as we find here. I have members from almost every team that participated in the World Cup in front of me and the Euros. I will learn so much more playing with members of other national teams than I would've if I stayed in America. I couldn't wait to play with them and fight alongside them.

When we were all done, we left to get my things done. We had to take two cars to bring everybody. Coincidentally, they had the day off today. When we walked in, the staff seemed really surprised to see the group arriving. "What are you doing here, guys?" One man asked them. "Aren't you happy to see us. We know you are, Aaron" Jill teased him. "Of course I'm always happy to see you all, but I wasn't expecting you. You're supposed to be recovering today not doing whatever you came here to do" he almost scolded them. Must be an important member of the staff. "You must know who that is" Lisa pointed at me.

"Oh Christen! I'm glad to finally meet you. I'm Aaron, the assistant manager. We weren't expecting you this early and even less with the herd" he extended his hand to shake mine. "Happy to meet you too. I didn't realize have a choice to be honest" I told him. "Knowing them I believe you" he laughed. "Well, let's not waste any more time. Joe is in his office. I'll show you the way and we'll be finalizing everything and explain you how things work here. Then you'll have to do some things for the media. You'll sign your contract, take some pictures to announce the big news. Then, we'll show you around and to finish up, we'll give you your first kit and there will be some more pictures" he explained to me. "That sounds good to me" I said. "We'll go get you when we're done" he told the girls and they all left. "See you later" Daan told me before kissing me and leaving.

When we got to the manager's office, he was just arriving. "Sorry. I just got finished with someone else" he said as he let us in. Someone else? Probably not important. "So, let's discuss some things" he started.

We got over every important point. I would be staying with Daniëlle until I leave to get back in Utah. They did offer me to stay somewhere else in the meantime, but I obviously chose to be with Daam. When I'll come back with all my stuff, I'll be staying with one or two other members of the team that will be determined later. My salary will be better than what it was with the Royals. If everything goes well, I'll make my debut with the team in a month or so.

By the time we were done, a couple of hours had already went by. "Here, I'll let you change, we'll be waiting outside" Joe said handing me a folded jersey before he left and closed the door. It's really happening, I'm a gunner now. I was very grateful for the two years I spent with the Royals, but I was now onto a new chapter. A really exciting one. I have at least, three years with Arsenal in my future. I couldn't wait to help this team fulfill it's ambitious goals.

I unfolded the shirt and examined it. 'Press' was written on the back with my new number. I couldn't take number 23 because it's Beth's number and number 20 is taken by Leonie so the third choice was my old number with the national team, 12. It wasn't taken and I had so many great moments wearing this number that I was happy with it. New chapter, new number.

I put it on and honestly, I'll get used to playing in red pretty quickly. Plus, the away kit is yellow so it won't be a big change from before for that point. When I was done, Joe led me to a room where a photographer was waiting. I couldn't wait to finally announce to everyone that I'm going to be playing in London. The only one that knew were the Arsenal girls, some of the girl from the national team and my family. Joe told me it would be announced tomorrow.

When everyone was done, I went to fund the girls in the lounge I'm pretty sure. "Finally" Jordan said. "Come on we'll go show you around" Jill took the lead. They showed me pretty much ever room, even the bathrooms. When we were done, I went to take pictures for the first time as a gunner. Since I had like half of the time with me, they decided to include them in some pictures. Some were all of us together and others just me and another girl. They obviously didn't forget to take pictures of Daan and I together. I think the fans will like them a lot. "Thank you everyone for your collaboration. You can all take of the jerseys, except Christen. We have one more person to make you take pictures with" the photographer told me. That's when I saw her walk in. No way.

Jackie's pov
We were pretty confident when we got on the field, but it faded away when they scored two goals in the first half. We knew it was done for us when they put another in five minutes after the beginning of second half. They were good before, but now it was something else. We did in fact lose. As soon as the game finished and we got in the locker room, I grabbed my phone. I clicked on my conversation with Daan and sent her a text.

"You'll never believe who I saw on the field"