Chapter 14

Christen's pov
When we finally got on our way to the place where our families were waiting for us. Pretty much all of us were already tipsy or full on drunk. I was in the first category but it wouldn't take much for me to fall in the second one.

When we arrived, they gave us each a bottle of champagne with something on it just like we did at the World Cup. It was pretty much exactly the same thing since we liked it so much. We did a couple things before, but after we could finally go see the people that were there for us.

"Hey you" Daniëlle said when I came to see her. "Hi" I replied and noticed that she was talking to a guy I've never seen. There was also no other chairs so I sat on Daan's laps and I could tell that I surprised her. "You're drunk aren't you?" Daan wrapped her arms around my waist to prevent me from falling. "A little bit" I slurred my words. "I have to go see Mal" the guy said but I didn't pay much attention. "A little bit? Are you sure?" Daan chuckled. Sitting there, on her lap and looking at her cute smile, the only thing I wanted to do was to kiss her again. And so I did. But after a bit she pulled back. "Sorry it's just that I feel like I'm taking advantage of you since you're not all there. I will do it again whenever you're sober" she assured me and I wasn't offended at all. In fact, it just made me appreciate her even more.

We talked for a bit until I really couldn't hold it anymore. "I really have to go to the bathroom" I told her. "Okay. I'll come with you just to make sure you don't pass out on the way there" she said and we got up. We made our way through the crowd without any problem until I got pushed my someone almost falling on me. "Watch out" Daan pushed the person back without a second of hesitation. Oh no.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" The girl turned around and of course it had to be Tobin. "Just watch what you're doing, dickhead" Daniëlle snapped at her. "Or what? What are you going to do?" Tobin got closer to her to provoke her. "You really want everyone here to know how much of a bitch you are?" Daniëlle didn't run from the challenge, instead, she jumped both feet into it. "Fuck you" Tobin pushed Daan, but she barely moved. I think she was expecting it or she was just very solid. I think it might be both actually.

"Enough" someone got between them, but Tobin pushed her aside too. Alex fell on the ground. She clearly didn't expect that. "Are you okay?" Daan helped her get up. "Yeah I'm good, thanks" Alex assured her, but she was rubbing her elbow, sign that it wasn't all good. "Aren't you just a big piece of shit to lay a hand on your friends again and not even feeling bad about it. Want to know something, you're losing everyone. Keep behaving like that and there won't be anyone left" Daan told her. "Daan it's okay" Alex tried to talk her down into making this thing worse than it already was. "It's not! She has no right to lay a hand on you" Daan looked at Alex with fire in her eyes.

"She's clearly okay stop making a big deal out of it. It's just Alex" Tobin said. "What the fuck did you say" Daan directed all her attention to Tobin again. "I said it wasn't a big deal. It's not like I pushed an elderly or a baby. It's Alex. She'll get over it" Tobin shrugged. "I'll knock some sense back into you maybe it will help" Daan was clearly getting more pissed with every word that was coming out of Tobin's mouth. "You're just running your mouth again. That's all you do. You're just talk. But what if Chris wasn't there? Uh? Or what if she was the one involved for once? Would you still be that heroic little girl" Tobin said and got closer to me. She put her hand on my waist and I was completely frozen.

"Stay the fuck away from her" Daan shouted as she pushed Tobin off of me. She did it with so much strength that Tobin was now a couple of feet away from us. But she got up and she looked like she was going to attack Daan. But then a miracle happened. Ash, Linds, Sammy, Allie and AD got between them and formed like a wall. "That's it" Ash said. "You guys have to stop right now. This is a happy even. Not a fight club" AD added. "Even though we all know which one is to blame" Lindsey said and everyone looked at Tobin. "Not you too Allie?" Tobin said. "You've crossed the line. We don't lay our hands on others for nothing. And even less on our friends" she said. "Daan might've not behaved the best way either, but she did it to protect Chris which we can respect. But you have no excuse and it's not the first time. We all know what you did and it's unacceptable" Sammy told her. "So for now, jus avoid each other" Ash said and I grabbed Daan's hand and pulled her away to go where we wanted to go at the first place.

"This girl is pissing me off" Daan was fuming when we got to the bathrooms. "Relax it's okay" I tried to calm her. "She put her hands on you, again! And she pushes Alex. I'm not even from with her but that's unacceptable!" Daan was pacing. "I've got to pee wait" I told her and got in a stall. Ugh the best feeling. I washed my hands then put my attention back on Daan that was sitting on the counter seemingly deep in her thoughts. "Hey" I put my hand on hers. "It's okay. We'll go back there and have some fun okay. We're not going to worry about what happened anymore. You didn't even have a drink yet" I told her. "I know I didn't, but you did and I have to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't throw up on someone" Daan joked, but I knew she was serious for the first part of what she said. "What did I do to deserve you?" I sighed as I got between her legs to hug her. "It's more the other way around" she told me as she rubbed my back. "Let's go have fun now" I dragged her with me.

We had so much fun. We ate, we talked with everyone and we drank more. Daan got some drink, but before we left she started drinking water to sober up. She was being so responsible it was crazy. She did indeed keep an eye on me, but not in an annoying way. She didn't follow me everywhere and it was nice that I didn't have to stay with her all the time so she wouldn't be alone. No, she was going around talking to the others that absolutely adore her. It's pretty hard not to fall for this smile of hers.

At the end of the night, we said goodbye to our families and all. Well I didn't have to since I was bringing Daan with me. We didn't fly back home with them since we have our private plane so we wouldn't see them before we arrived. It took a while so I just went to sit on the bus. "You tired?" Daan asked me as I was almost passing out in my seat. "Hmm" I hummed. "Switch seat with me" she said and I did it even though I didn't know why. She sat back but she wasn't facing the right way. Her back was against the window and I was wondering what she was doing. "Come on sit. You'll be able to lay and sleep more comfortably than if you were sitting normally" she said and I understood.

So I did as she said and layed my back against her and she was right, it was much more comfortable. I put my head against her shoulder and the seat and just closed my eyes. It was already so nice, but when she put her arms around me and squeezed me a bit, it was absolutely perfect. "Wait Daan" Alex said and I was wondering what she wanted. "Let me put this behind your back it will be less hard than straight on the metal" Alex showed us a sweatshirt she had brought. "Thank you" Daan told her after she placed it behind her back and her head. "No worries" Alex smiled before going to sit with Allie. "Just sleep now" Daan whispered in my ear and I closed my eyes again.

I saw a bright light even with my eyes closed. "What the?" I sat up. "Sorry you were so cute. I'll send it to you later, but we're here" Mal told me and I noticed pretty much everyone had gotten out. "I'm up" Daan grunted and I could tell we were both extremely tired. "Come on lets go to bed" I grabbed her bed and we got to my room which she didn't need direction to get to at this point.

"Here you can put this on" I handed her a random t-shirt with some soccer shorts I had brought. I started to get undressed and she immediately turned around. "Sorry. It's not that I don't want to watch, but like I told you you're not all there and I can't do anything if you're not 100% conscient of your acts. I'll change in the bathroom" she said and left without turning back. I know some people that wouldn't have done that. I got changed quickly. "Can I come?" Daan asked getting out of the room with her hand covering her eyes. "Yes you dummy" I teased her. "Come on, I'm exhausted. I just want you to hold me again" I told her. "Yes ma'am" she said. We got under the sheets and cuddled.

Nothing compares to this. Might be better than winning earlier because I won something even better than that. I won this girl and it's all that matters to me right now.