Chapter 2

Christen's pov
"Get your ass out of bed we're going out for breakfast in 10 minutes" We heard Kelley yell through the door. "She's so lovely" Tobin groaned. "I'm going to shower while you sleep for 10 more minutes" I told her knowing she was already back to sleep.

I love these girls to death, but I just wish I could sleep for once. When it's not Kelley or Alex yelling through our doors, it's the kids making too much sound. People wouldn't believe me of I told them all the ways this team found to wake me up when I was sleeping peacefully. There was this one time where I heard rock music blasting in the room beside me only to see on Megan's story that she was playing guitar hero with Ash and Ali at 5 am. Or this one time Rose called me at 3 in the morning because Mal and Sonnett were stuck on the balcony of their room and the door was jammed. Or when Morgan and Lindsey accidentally put one of Becky's book on fire and we had to evacuate because the smoke detector went off and alarmed the fire department. Julie's and Crystal's movie nights can be wild too, when our rooms are beside each other's, I can hear them cry while singing my heart will go on. That one time, Carli almost flooded her room trying to make an ice bath and she came in barging in my room to get some towels. Even Tierna woke me up once because there was a huge spider in her room. Well im pretty sure the whole hotel heard her scream. Alyssa came in and killed it with a sandal and everything was fine. For a second I thought it was the purge starting.

Even with all that, I wouldn't change any of them. Well, maybe I could use a controller to put them on mute or on pause for a second.

"Come on Tobs we have to be out there in 2 minutes because you know they will leave without us" I told her as I finished getting ready. "Fine" she groaned almost falling out of the bed. She grabbed one of my hoodie that was laying around, put it on and finally got out of my room.

"Finally" Alex sighed as we got on the bus. "We were about to leave without you" Kelley told us. "I know" I chuckled. "Traitorrr" Lindsey shouted when she saw Tobin. She was wearing all Royals outfit. "Let's go Tobin! New Royals fan uh?" Kelley was suddenly happier, less bossy. "Na I'm with the Thorns for life" Tobs winked at her teammates. "PT" Emily yelled. "FC" Linds and Tobs yelled back. "What do you mean? Spirit all the way" Rose said earning a thumbs up from Mal, but many grunts in disapproval. "The pride is where it's at" Ali surprisingly got into the conversation. "It's the Red Stars year" Julie said confidently. "Hell no. We won against you even when you had Kerr with you" Sammy nudged Abby. "Low shot" Lyssa mumbled.

That's how an interminable debate started about who was going to come out on top during this season. It lasted until we reached the restaurant we were going to invade.

It's rare that the whole team gets together during days off. I mean, a lot of our success as a team comes from the bond we have so it's not so bad that we use some more bonding time with what was coming soon.

Oh, when I said we were about to invade the restaurant, I meant it. Try to fit 23 girls all together. We took over most of the table. We usually just sit down at different tables, but this time we wanted to be all together so we had to push tables together. When it was finally set up, we could finally eat.

"Oh I have a question" Becky said. It's rare that she speaks out loud like that so when she does, we listen. "What team or players are you most excited to possibly play against?" She asked the group. "Australia" almost everyone replied. England came out too alongside other teams. "Playing against some of our teammates is always so interesting" Tobin stated. "In the Australian team there's Foord, Raso, Carpenter, Kerr and others that are our friends so the rivalry is different" Lindsey added as she licked her fingers. "Plus they're really good" Kelley admitted.

"I think a match against Netherlands could be good too because they would want a revange for their loss at the World Cup finale" I said. "You're only saying that because you want to see Van de Donk again" Megan teased. "Oooh" the whole team gasped. "That is not true" I tried to deny. "You sure?" Tobin nudged me. "You're no better having little conversations with Leah" Emily blurted and the whole table erupted exposing each other's little crushes.

Even the ones that are married or the ones that are straight had one girl crush from another team. "Wait Mal whose yours?" Sammy asked and the whole team quiet down to hear her answer. "Ellie Carpenter" she sighed. "No way!" Emily and Lindsey literally yelled. "If you say anything to her I'm kidnapping your dogs" Mal threatened them and they stopped.

While the conversation was at it's peak, my phone buzzed. I looked at the message that came in and a huge smile appeared on my face. "Danielle uh?" Tobin questioned me. Her tone was weird but I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong so I ignored it. "I guess" I blushed. "Are you planning on seeing her while we're there?" She asked me. "I mean, I might. We've been talking since the World Cup and I don't know why I wouldn't cease the opportunity to see her. We could hangout with Leah too" I teased her. "I just think she's pretty and she has a great personality that's it" Tobin responded coldly. "Are you jealous?" I gasped in realization. "What? No" she answered defensively. She totally was. "I'm going to the restroom" she left without saying another word.

With all the things happening around, I didn't notice Lindsey and Allie going after her.

Tobin's pov
"What's wrong?" Allie asked me as soon as she joined me in the restroom. "Nothing" I lied. "Is it about what Pinoe said with Chris?" Linds questioned me. "No" I lied again. "You love her don't know?" Allie said. What? "What are you talking about? No, she's my best friend" I replied. "Why would you react that way if you didn't have something for her, tell me? Plus you clearly don't see how you act around her. It's like she put up all the stars in the sky" Linds picked up for Allie. "That's ridiculous. I love Chris of course but just as friends" I answered their stupid assumptions.

"So it won't bother you when she'll go on a date with Van de Donk?" Alex came out of a stall. Oh gosh not her too. "Since when you're here?" I asked her. "Long enough to hear the whole thing" Alex replied. "Answer the question now" she crossed her arms in front of her chest in a very bossy posture. "Yes it will" I admitted. "But just because I'm a bit possessive towards my friends and I don't want her to get hurt" I added quickly.

"Why would she get hurt? The girl is shorter than Mal and lives in Europe" Allie replied. "Because Christen doesn't get attached to people or socialize, but she did with her so it means something" I told the three of them, well, assuming there was not someone else eavesdropping in the other stalls. "Well like Allie said, she's shorter than Mal and she lives on another continent" Linds repeated the same arguments. "Have you seen her? She could live in Antartica and be 4 feet tall, nobody compares to her" I sighed, bit defeated. "Look at you and stop that. You'll get the girl eventually I'm sure" Allie tried encouraging. "I don't want the girl" I reminded them again. "Yeah whatever. For now, just focus on winning" Alex concluded and we all left at the same time.

For the rest of the day, the team went shopping, but I didn't feel like it. I started sleeping in my room again even if it meant having to suffer Allie's snores. I started avoiding Chris a bit. I don't know why exactly, but I just needed to. And without us realizing it, we were on our way to Japan.