Chapter 8

Christen's pov
"Here we are" I opened the door of Daan's room with the card she gave me. "Oh hun got the big room" Leah said when she walked in. Luckily she did, because I don't know how we would've fit in a normal size room.

We sat in different places and different conversations started. "How are my girls?" Caitlin asked me. "They're doing fine I think. They miss you a lot with the Thorns that's for sure" I told her. "I miss them too, but I think it was the best choice for my career" Cait replied and I knew she was right. Playing in the WSL is like a step ahead.

"Guys I have an idea" Jordan said. "We should break the Internet" she continued and I was extremely confused. "How are you going to do that?" Leah asked her. "We post a picture of all of us together. The fans and the medias will go nuts" she explained and she was right. "We should wait until the dutchies get there" Louise said. "Good idea. And while they arrive, we get some time to interrogate our new comer" all the girls turned at me. Oh gosh.

"What are your intentions with our little Daan?" Leah asked with a serious face. They all waited for my answer. "I want to make her as happy as she makes me, but I don't think it will ever be possible. I know we may not have been physically together for a long time, but she's been part of my life for a year now. I want her to be a part of my routine. I want us to share an infinite amount of memories together. I want her to meet my dad and the rest of my family back home. I want her to be by my side if we win or if we lose this tournament. I just want to share important moments for both of us with her" I told the girls. When I looked up, I saw in their faces that they didn't expect that. "Can I hug you?" Katie asked and before I could answer she pulled me into her. "What do you mean meet your family back home? Aren't they here to see you play?" Lisa questioned me. "My mom and my dad used to come see me play everywhere, but my mom passed away and my dad couldn't free himself this year" I explained and without saying a word, more girls came to hug me. "If you're a part of Daan's life, you're a part of ours" one of them told me and I was so happy at that moment.

Daniëlle's pov
I was finally done with all the postgame stuff. All I wanted to do was go back to my hotel and relax. As soon as we arrived, I hurried Viv and Jill which wasn't easy because they're lazy, but they ended up following. I knocked on the door waiting for the girls to open because I only have one card and Chris has it.

"Took you long enough!" Kim said as she opened the door. "Way too long" I grunted as I walked in the room. Of course I enjoy interviews, but when it's so long and heavy like that it's not quite as fun. "Wooo!" The girl cheered and clapped when all three of us walked in. "Congrats my girls" Lisa said literally jumping on us. "Thank you all for coming. It was so nice to look up and see you all" Jill said. I was exhausted. "Hi" I said when I went to see Christen. "You look tired" she cupped the side of my face with one of her hand. "Hmm" I hummed in agreement and just layed on top of her. "Can we go down to eat? I'm hungry" Viv whined. "Yeah let's go" Jordan jumped up and all the girls got up. "We'll mert you down in a sec" Christen told the girls. And then the herd left.

"You did really good today" She told me while caressing my back. "Well I did tell you I was going to score so I had to perform" I replied. "You know, it may be bad, but I think it made me more happy to see you with my niece and my family than to score" I added as I rolled off her to look at her. "They're so lovely" she said. "When I saw them after, they told me they loved you" I confessed to her and I could see that it was something that stressed her a bit. "And I think the girls do too" I ventured. "I hope so" she sighed. "I'm sure they do" I reassured her. "Let's go, the quicker we go downstairs, the quicker we'll be able to come back and sleep" I told her and she laughed.

We made her way to where the others were, hand in hand. "Awww" they all said as we approached. "Stop it" I giggled. "You guys are cute. Americans and Dutch make a good duo. Am I right, Jill?" Viv teased the girl. "Someone please explain?" Chris asked. "Miss Jill here has a bit of a crush on a certain American" Viv said and Jill was now as red as a tomato. "Spill. Who is it?" Chris seemed very intrigued. "Come on, Jillie. Tell her who it is" I said. Jill mumbled the name under her breath but we couldn't hear. "What?" I asked. "Kelley O'hara" Jill repeated louder. "No way!" Chris shouted. The whole table erupted in laughter. "That's so cute" Chris reassured Jill who seemed so embarrassed.

"I mean some members of my team already mentioned some of you" I told the team and they suddenly all went quiet. "You never told me that" I frowned. "Tell me first" I told Chris and she leaned in to whisper in my ear. As soon as the first one came out I shocked on my food. "You have to be kidding me" I coughed. "You can't keep us in the dark like that" Beth complained. Oh we totally can and we were going to.

Dinner went on and the conversation went back and forth on different subjects. At some point, Chris' team started spamming her with texts to ask how things were going so she sent of video of the group. 'I don't know who's the girl at Daan's left but she's wow' Mal said and I had to laugh. Chris showed me another text and I almost spit out my drink. 'The blonde girl that played with The Netherlands today, she's cute' I read the message in my head. 'This one?' Chris took a video discretely of the girl we thought she was talking about. 'Yes' Kelley replied. Jillie had no idea we had filmed her. "We should start a dating show with our teams" I joked and Chris laughed. I was certainly going to deepen this little thing going on next time I see Kelley.

We finished eating and most girl had to leave because they had to be with their team or because they were tired. The only ones left were Lisa, Caitlin, Lia and Katie. With Chris and my other teammates of course. Most of the girls had already played their first game and we had to wait until the last game of this round to move onto the next one. I found out earlier that the next team we wete going to face was Japan. They're good, but I think we got it. We went to Jill's and Viv's room because well they have two beds.

"You guys better behave tonight" Jill told Viv and Lisa and it was quite funny. As soon as we got inside, I dove on one of the bed. "You're so small yet you take so much space" Jill pushed me aside so she could lay down too. Chris came and layed between us then Katie came too while the other four were on the other bed.

We started talking about what they were going to do for the next day. "Well my team already got eliminated so we're leaving soon" Lia said and I could tell the subject was still sensible. "The only members from our team that are still in the competition are us three, the aussies, the Lionesses won yesterday, then our Scotish gals have to play against Brazil in two days" Viv listed. "Two of your teams are already out?" Chris asked. "Yes sadly" I answered.

Katie, Cait and Lia ended up leaving an hour or so after. "I think we're going to go too" I told the girls. I was so tired. "Already?" Jill pouted. "We could hangout all of us together. I've wanted to explore the city since I arrived" Cheis suggested. "That's a good idea" Lisa was all in for it. "I'll do whatever you want to do" I told her. "Well I guess I don't have a choice" Viv shrugged. "Good. See ya tomorrow. Goede nacht" I told them before we left.

When we arrived we got ready to sleep and didn't waste a second to get in bed. "Goodnight and thank you again for making this day twice as special to me" I told Chris as I kissed her shoulder. "Thanks to you for opening your world to me. It means a lot" she replied and I couldn't wait to spend more memorable moments with her.