00.003

"WICKED KILLED HIM THEY LITERALLY KILLED HIM DON'T YOU GUYS GET IT?! JORGE WOULD NEVER SELL THE GAME. NEVER. THIS IS A SET UP. THEY MURDERED HIM, MURDERED HIM IN COLD BLOOD!"

Kilee had been screaming the same nonsense for the past half hour. Newt toned him out as they ran the maze yet again. Kilee was unfocused which was making him sloppy, they'd already came close to death a few times.

He heard Oben sigh. "WICKED didn't murder Jorge you idiot."

"THEY DID!"

Newt cringed as the boy screamed even lounder.

"Drop an F in the chat for my eardrums," Delario muttered which made Newt have to bite back a laugh.

"Ki that's not even possible!" Oben said back.

"Why are you fighting him? He's a stubborn motherfucker," Delario added in. Newt could hear her eating whatever snacks she usually did. It was honestly such a power move, Newt was struggling to stay alive and he could just picture this girl with her feet propped up, elbow deep in a bag of chips and casually smiting everything in sight like it was no sweat. If Newt was into girls he'd probably have the biggest boner for her.

"Well what do you think Sang?" Kilee piped up.
Newt almost groaned, he was purposely staying out of this. What they didn't know was that he'd done hours and hours of research on Jorge's death, more specifically that note. He's run it through a hundred different generators, trying to figure out what the fuck it meant. There was no way that it was coincidence that he just happened to have the same numbers as his sister on that paper. He was tearing Jorge apart, looking at everything for anything. He was going so far as researching his life, looking at every notable aspect of what this man did. He was going to figure it out, he was going to figure out who hurt his sister because there was no way Lizzy carved her own eyes out before jumping in front of that car like everyone tried to tell him.

"I don't think they killed him," Newt said hesitantly. "Why would they do that? It wouldn't make sense." Why would they kill my sister, she was nothing to them. Maybe them killing Jorge is plausible, but Lizzy? No.

Kilee scoffed. "You guys are all insane."

"Or just smart," Delario piped up.

"You don't want to know what happend?"

"It was probably suicide," Oben spoke up. "I mean, he left a note or whatever right?"

"I guess," Kilee grumbled. "I don't know, I think we should try and find out what happened."

Oben let out a breath that was probably a sigh. "Ki, we're a group of nobodies, how are we going to figure something like that out."

"It starts with that note!" the boy exclaimed, he was getting excited, but Newt felt sick listening to them talk about it.

"Fuck!" Delario snapped. "Ki you just died."

"I can respawn, Jorge can't!"

"Dude we're out of the maze now, we can't do it without you." Oben sighed.

"Do none of you care?!" Ki was yelling at this point. "Guys the man who created this game that we love so much is dead and no one gives a shit!"

"I care," Newt said softly because he did, he did care. Of course he cared, it was sad yeah, but the link his death had with his sister's had him roped into it.

"Someone has their head screwed on straight!"

"Of course we care Ki!' Oben snapped back. Newt could tell he was starting to get frustrated. "All because we don't want to jump right into action when something goes bad doesn't mean that we don't care okay?" his voice softened a bit at the end and Newt could tell he was sad.