Chapter 18

WARNING: This story contains mature themes and is intended for mature readers.

Mention of human trafficking and prostitution.

ISABELLA STANLEY

Edwin left me breathless. He confused all my senses. With him, I wanted something that I had never wanted or felt the need to have before. I wanted to be touched, I wanted him to touch me. I closed my eyes, still remembering his fingers on me, it was as if my skin had been set on fire, a burning trail lingered where his fingers had touched. Edwin was fire, he was heat and I wanted him to burn me, every last part of me. I wanted to be consumed by whatever this feeling was. I wanted to hold onto it and never let it go, because I loved everything about it. It made me feel alive, wanted and needed.

But he left. He left me there because for whatever reason he could not do it and I could not blame him, after all, I had to be crazy for feeling the way I was and he had to know that.

Maybe this was for the best, him leaving for good that is. I know when he had said goodbye, he had meant it. I know I may never see him again, and it hurts because in this whole messed up situation, he was the only one that made me feel almost safe.

"Do you have to go?" I asked James.

"Yeah, I do. Garrett will be with you though, he won't let anything happen to you," he said.

Garrett still scared me. He was a big guy who spoke very few words and he was intimidating.

James and he had apologized for the incident that night. They didn't have a choice, they were given their orders and they had to follow through.

I could understand that, but that didn't make what happened any easier to deal with. Although James and Garrett may have not physically raped me, the memory of that night will always haunt me.

James said, he will never forgive himself for putting his hands on me. I asked him who gave the orders, Edwin or Anthony, but he never gave me an answer.

"Garrett scares me, James," I admitted.

"Don't be scared of him, Isabella. Garrett won't hurt you. He's a good guy."

Garrett may be a good guy, but he will never be good enough to protect me from Anthony, neither would James.

"What's going to happen to me now? Where are they going to take me? What are they going to do with me?" I asked.

James avoided my questions and that only made the alarm bells in my head ring louder.

Whatever Anthony had planned to do with me, it wasn't good. But I guess I already knew that, I already knew what his plans were. Maybe I was just trying to delude myself and think that somehow Anthony would have changed his mind.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." He smiled.

"When you told me about your sister, that you were looking for her," I said, guarding his reaction.

"Irina. What about her?" He frowned.