Chapter 37

WARNING: This story contains mature themes and is intended for mature readers.

This chapter contains graphic violence and may offend some people. Please do not read if this offends you.

EDWIN STEPHEN.

This had all been a set up. We were meant to find Tanya. She was only a distraction for Dante to set his plan into motion. But that meant that Dante had more men working with him than I had first thought. But I bet Dante never banked on Tanya opening her mouth. He should have never trusted her, Tanya was every bit as stupid as her husband.

But why would Dante take Isabella? I had never given him a reason to believe that she meant anything to me, and marriage didn't prove anything. Dante had to have recognized her. He had worked closely with Charles, he had to have done his homework, he had to have seen her face in the media.

The cars pulled up outside my father's office. It was well past midnight, but the street was still filled with people, but I didn't care. I climbed out of the car with the gun in my hand. Luca and my brother had climbed out after me, as our backup followed after us.

I didn't know how many men Dante had working with him, but the chances were that it was very small group. Very few were willing to betray the family because they knew, no matter what, they would not live to enjoy their new freedom. I had five of our men come with us all prepared and ready.

"Stairs," my brother said.

"No. They're expecting us to take the stairs. We'll be ambushed before we make it up there," I said.

"We need to be quick. I've already got someone messing with the security cameras," Luca said. "Dante set this up here for a reason. If he fails, he has proof that you have her, there may even be a chance he tipped off the feds."

Luca had a point. Deep down I know he was right, but I wasn't a reasonable man right now. I was a man on a mission. If Dante, or any of them had so much as hurt one hair on her head...They would die anyway. How they died depended on the condition that my wife was in.

We took the last elevator on the left up. It would stop the furthest from my father's office and hopefully that would buy us some time before they knew we were there, so we knew how many we were up against.

When the elevator reached it's destination, our men stepped out into the hallways first. There was no one guarding the elevators. Like predicted, they were waiting by the doors to the fire escape. Taking them out was easy. Luca had a silencer on his piece. They never saw it coming, they never had a chance to react.

I went ahead of them towards my father's office. I stopped when I heard Dante's voice. From where I was, I could see Dante, Noah and Tanya's step-brother, Rossie. But I couldn't see Isabella.

"I recognized you from that night I saw you with Anthony," Dante said. "And now here you are, married to the other brother. Tell me, Isabella, how did you manage that?"

"What do you want?" With a muffled sob, Isabella asked.

"You have interfered with my plan, little love. He was meant to marry someone else. He was meant to be dead now, his family should all be dead now," Dante yelled. "My son should be Don right now, not that weak piece of crap."