Chapter 7

The rest of the week was a blur and it was yet again, Sunday. You decided it was going to be a day to complete all the house chores, doing the laundries and then finally, read a nice book accompanied with some coffee because it had been quite a while since you indulged yourself with books.

The rooms were small and the distances in-betweens were really just two steps away, so by eleven in the morning it was all done. Transferring the laundries from the hamper to a basket, you hummed listening to the song blasting from your phone. Doing the laundries was your favourite part because sometimes when you check your clothes' pockets you would find a dollar or some pennies.

One more trip to the bedroom, you checked all the places for any dirty clothes that were left behind. Under the bed, a blue handkerchief lied. It belonged to Billie. The finely woven material was as neatly folded as it was two weeks ago, Billie Dean used it to cover your eyes. Just one of the many kinks of Billie Dean Howard.

You reached out for it, dusting it off. Somehow, after many days forgotten under the bed, it still had a faint smell of Billie's perfume. As much as you wanted to keep it like that, your clean freak ass tossed it with the rest inside the washing machine.

While they danced in circles, you started to look for a book that you haven't read.

"Knock knock, pizza delivery!" ignoring the noise, you kept kneeling as you scanned the books, running your fingertip over their spines. Delivery guy must have gotten the wrong door.

"I said pizza. Hello?" Sighing audibly, you stood up.

"James?" the boy stood in the hallway holding a pizza box, you could say it was freshly cooked by the steam coming off the holes. You looked at him with bemused eyes while he stared back with his smile reaching his own eyes.

"Um, I didn't order pizza. What are you doing here?" he smiled, inviting himself inside your home.

"I thought maybe we can hang out." Your lips fell agape while slowly nodding at him and forcibly smiling to hide your disinterest with him

"Geez, wrong timing James. I'm doing the laundry." The sound of the washing machine echoing from the bathroom caught James' attention, he scratched the back of his head nodding "Okay, sure. I'll just leave this here." Free lunch. Cool. You thanked James, glad that he didn't insist to stay and wait for you. When he left, you went down to your business as if you hadn't been interrupted.

Billie Dean sat in front of the vanity, her glam team was doing her make-up and matching some pearl ornaments for her to wear. Her phone sat in the middle of the table, visibly distracting her. Todd, her make-up artist, motioned for her to look up as he applied some concealer to her under eyes cutting her off from staring at it. She seemed not to make up her mind whether to pick it up or just simply stare.

Claire approached her holding a clip board, looking more distressed than she was. "There's a problem for the next episode's location so we have to move that a little further into the show or unfortunately put it on hold. In line is the house in New Orleans, the Axe Man's house." Billie signalled for Todd to stop, so he did and backed away, giving the medium some space.

She looked at her assistant in disbelief. She had been working so hard to make the 'Hotel Cortez' episode to happen for the third time since 2015, that single episode alone blew up the ratings of her show.

Aside from that though, Billie believed that her business with the ghosts in that haunted place wasn't done yet, she needed a closure and being put in chokehold by the serial killer, Mr. James March himself couldn't stop her. It wasn't for the show anymore but for her own interest. Sadly, it had to be this way because she knew these people behind her could make it happen than she could alone.