005; cheating

➤➤➤➤

➤➤➤➤

'What the heck just happened?' She thought, staring at the opposing team who was thrown in the air, and violently thrown back down. Her team, of course, were beaming with joy and pride, they didn't think less for the other team.

''Class 3 is crazy!'' She heard a student yell out, which was actually a mistake. 

''Did you guys have lunch?'' Nendou asked.

''The rope is torn at the spot I was holding! Did I do this? Is this some sort of strength I didn't know I had...?'' She heard the guy with big lips and green hair mumble under his breath.

'Or maybe someone had cut the rope a bit and that's how it turned out? Just a possibility.' She sassed in thought, unaware that she made the pinkette relieved.

The three looked really egoistical after that, smirking devilishly at the opposing team. It was like a kick to the gut for the other students, since they didn't know that a bunch of high schoolers could have that much strength.

''Class 3 isn't doing so hot, huh? Looks like Class 2 might win, huh?'' A purple haired person with two headbands bragged. This caught the girls' attention, as she started at them converse. Well, mostly the lavender guy bragged, but still.

''Sorry, but it's Class 3 that's going to win!'' Hairo interrupted the lavender-haired guy. ''If we lose, I'll get a buzz cut!'' He declared, obviously ignoring the fact he could actually lose.

''Are you serious? You'd go that far?'' The lavender guy asked, amusement filling his voice.

''That will show how determined I am!''

''Hey, hey...'' Her other teammates gathered around. ''If Hairo is gonna do it...''

''We'll get a buzz cut too!'' Well of course they willー hey, what do you mean 'we'?! 

She notices that baby-blue haired kid also agree, nonetheless proudly. Does he not remember how he got last place in almost everything?

''Then, I'll get a buzz cut too.'' Nendou also said, her backing away from him, unknowingly getting closer to Saiki.

''If we lose, every guy in Class 3 will get a buzz cut!'' Hairo declared. She was a bit relieved when she head 'guy', but nonetheless felt bad for the guys who actually didn't want to get a buzz cut.

The next event was the interclass beanbag toss. If they wanted to turn things around, they would have to that here in this event, which would be tough. Her class, of course, was hyped up for this. Seemingly proud, egoistical is more like it, they obviously announced that they would win this.

So, when the event started, she saw everyone immediately try to throw their ball in the casket. Only some were actually getting it in.

But, somehow, she didn't even miss once when she threw her ball into the casket. She was never great at the types of games where you had to throw a ball, so that was very strange.

In the end, they got eighty-three beanbags in, but another class, Class 4, cheated and got a hundred. That set her off, but stayed quiet. She doesn't want to be like her happy-go-lucky classmates that attract attention literally everywhere they would go.

There was still another event, though. The interclass relay. The winning team would get 500 points, which was great.

Yeah, did I mention the part where [L/N] [Y/N] isn't the most athletic? 

'I hate running, what's the point of running, my team is gonna be so disappointed I'm gonna be forced to shave my head off, oh god.'

She was the semi-last one, right behind Saiki, since he should be the last one to run.

Once it started, everything seemed to go too fast. What seemed like a second, Hairo already had the baton, sprinting towards the girl. He was in last place, which put all the pressure on [L/N], which will soon all depend on Saiki.

If Saiki gets last place, both her and him would get tormented, going by the insane logic of high school.

''Go, [L/N]!'' Hairo yelled out, passing the baton to her, and straight up falling onto the ground. She sprinted, and sprinted, but she was still dead last. Everyone had already passed on their baton to the final runners, but she was still running.

Saiki could hear all her insecure thoughts, but he could also hear other students thoughts judging her. To say he was unhappy was an understatement, no, he was furious. The opponents weren't that fast, but they were neck-a-neck cause of their teammates being fast.

''I'mー I'm sorry, Saiki!''

''It's fine.'' He grabbed the baton from her, and started running at an incredible pace, faster than all his opponents. She sat on her knees in exhaustion, trying to regain her breath so she could watch him go.

He was incredible.

He passed all his opponents easily, as if they were nothing but mere falling leafs. However, near the finish line, he fell flat on his face, unexpectedly. And just like that, the others passed him. Seemed like passing out took a toll on his body.

'Hope his face is okay.'

'I'm okay, but I'm not doing okay mentally, [L/N].'