Chapter 23

Sara's Pov
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y,n) told me she was going to take me on a date. She didn't say what to wear so I dressed casually. Maybe a little to casually.

I heard her knock on the door and opened it to see her wearing a black shirt with white suspenders and a bow tie.

"Hey beautiful"she said

"Wow you look stunning"

"I would propubly say some pick up line now but I am to distracted to think"

"Distracted?"

"By you"

"Oh.." I said and looked at the ground blushing

She raised my chin with her hand a placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Shall we?"

"Yeah sure"

She held my hand and teleported us on the rooftop.

It was dark then I heard her snap her fingers and a bunch of cuddles lit up the place.

There was a table with a vase filled with white roses in it,  a bottle of red wine and two dishes filled with my favorite food.

"I know you have said in the past you don't like cheesy and romantic stuff but..."

"Its perfect"I said and smiled at her brightly.

We talked a lot and enjoyed our dinner.

(Y,n) pov
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we finished dinner I and Sara stood up and we went and sat on a bench I had brought earlier on the rooftop.

"Sara... I've known you for one and a half years. Life with you has been a roller coaster. Terrifying but beautiful. Do you know what I see when I look down to the city at night?"

She looked deep into my eyes and I lost myself in hers.

"I see souls. Every light is a sparking one. Every dark apartment is a resting one. Every abandoned one is a troubled one. And every rooftop is an escape from reality. That's why I brought you to the rooftop tonight because in the reality we live in being vigilanties and saving people makes it difficult for us to have personal lives and makes what I am about to say sound like a stupid childlish idea"

I paused.

"Sara you saved me from myself. You came in my life when I needed someone the most. You are and you will always be my angel. Remember when I told you you were my princess and you hated it? "

"Yeah?... "

"Well tonight I am here to ask you to be my queen"

I stood up and kneeled infront of her with a ring in my hands.

"Sara Lance will you marry me?"

I saw tiers rolling down her eyes and she dropped down to the floor next to me holding my head in her hands.

"Yes"she said smiling and breathless"yes (y,n)(y,l) I will marry you"

I put the ring on her hand and she smiled and held me back up to the bench and kissed me.