That's all?

Pauline's POV

Here I was, standing in front of the judges preparing my meal. I wasn't nervous at all. I've been through a lot in my life and I learned how to be strong and never show my emotions and it payed in situations like this. Gordon asked me what I was preparing so I answered and I could see Joe's face full of suprise and disgust.

"So... my meal is ready." I said firmly and placed my plate on the counter.

Graham came first and I was kinda relieved because he was the nicest. He smiled at me.

"Hi, describe the dish, please." He asked me and I was looking at the plate, not at him.

"It's a tomato soup with parmesan." Simple as that. Nothing more, no need to take risks, to experiment with something I'm not sure in.

Graham looked at me and didn't say a word. Next was Gordon. He took a spoon and took a sip of my soup. He didn't say a word either.

Joe came last. He looked at me and x-rayed me with his eyes. I didn't smile, didn't look away. He took a sip. 

"So... Pauline... that's all? A tomato soup?" He leaned closer as he put his hands on the corner of the counter.

"That's all, that's my tomato soup." I said without hesitation. He walked away and sat down again on his chair.

"The soup... was absolutely delicious, congratulations!" Gordon said and smiled.

"Yeah, there's nothing more I can do than to agree with Gordon." Graham said nodding.

I looked at Joe. He was looking at me a bit strangely. He sighed.

"I don't know, a tomato soup is not enough for me." He said finally.

"But all the flavours! Joe, come on!" Gordon said a little teasingly. "Well, from me it's a yes."

"From me it's a yes, too." Graham agreed with Gordon.

"It doesn't matter if I say yes or no, so congratulations, you get the apron." Joe said not so satisfied. Gordon gave me the apron and I turned around and started to go away when suddenly I heard Joe's voice:

"Try to convince me that you're enough."