Give me a Minute

Pauline's POV

I rushed into my hotel room and slammed the door pretty hard. I wasn't hurt anymore, I wasn't angry at Joe. I hated myself. I hated myself for the amount of stupidity I had in my brain to even think that Joe would be different from other men. How could I even think that he would be really interested in me? Joe Bastianich? No way! Why would he? I'm just an ordinary girl in some damn show. I didn't know why I hadn't realized it before. All the judges just took for granted all the contestants because... you know, every man likes to change girl every night, even more when you are really famous and you can choose from huge amount of women.

After a while, I took my guitar and started to play a song by George Ezra Hold my Girl. I was playing and singing along when I was interrupted by a knock on my door. I stood up from the floor where I was playing and drinking wine, and went to answer the door.

"Oh man," I said when I saw Joe standing there. I took a step back to let him go inside as I didn't want anyone to see him standing there in my room.

"Before you say something, don't bother to explain me anything. I don't want to know anything about you fucking every girl in this competition since the beginning till today. And if it's all, you can leave now. And don't worry, I'm not gonna tell anyone about you and Courtney. None of my business." I said slowly and surprisingly calm. I went to my window and turned to him as I was waiting for him to leave. But he didn't.

Joe's POV

I took a deep breath and looked at her. I didn't know where to begin and how to persuade her that she is wrong. That I have never cheated on my wife unlike her...

"Can you give me a minute to say something or you're satisfied with your assumptions?" I asked her little more sarcasticaly than I intended. I looked deep into her chocolate eyes with which I've fallen in love since day one. I took one step towards her and then I noticed the guitar laying on the floor.

"You play?" I asked her in disbelief. I immediately felt more attached to her than before, if it was even possible.

"No, it's just a decoration I found here. So what do you want?" She said sharply and I came back to reality where she hates me.

I wanted to answer her question by simply saying 'you' but I somehow knew that wasn't the right thing to say.

"I wanted to tell you that I am married. For few years and I have never cheated on my wife. I even have never looked at any other woman with lust and desire and passion. I have never felt butterflies in my stomach. Never. I have never gone to bed with thinking about anything else than my wines and restaurants. I have never been lost in my thoughts during the day. Until I met you. And I mean it. You changed everything. Do with this information whatever you want but I mean every word I've said." I needed to leave, either way, I would crash my lips on hers and I didn't want to push her into anything she doesn't want. And with that, I left.