Crying

Pauline's POV

Few days later, one person from the set told me to be ready at 7 am for next challenge. It was 6:30 when I got ready. I was wearing black skinny high-waisted jeans, sneakers and dark green t-shirt pulled into the jeans. I put on some make-up and did a ponytail. Simple as that but I felt really good.

I opened the door and saw all the people already waiting for the start. Judges told us what to do and where to stand.

We are supposed to cut onions until they stop us. We will either be safe or not. 

I started cutting the onions and I was thinking about my past, how I made a big progress from where I'd begun. As I was deep in my thoughts, I didn't realize that Joe was standing in front of me watching my hands.

"You're not crying?" he asked me all of sudden and I smiled a little. I looked at him not stopping my cutting.

"Why should I?" I asked back and it was obvious I surprised him with my question. 

"Maybe because you're cutting onions?" he smiled back but it was one that sarcastic smiles he used a lot in his profession.

"I think there are much worse things to cry about than onions." I said sharply and looked back at my onions.

Joe's POV

I left the counter where Pauline was cutting onions and I was somehow surprised by her stubborness and how strong and independent she was. But she is only one of the contestant and she will lose it in the next challenge.

I went across all of the contestants once again to check their progress and I could see Pauline and her perfectly cutted onions.

God... she can't be that good...

And that moment, Gordon and Graham came to her and Gordon placed his hand on her shoulder and told her to stop and that she is safe. I watched her as she nodded and went to the rest of the people who made it safe. She wasn't showing any emotion going on, she wasn't crying from happiness, she wasn't screaming. She acted normal.

Why the hell are you thinking about how she behaves? Get your shit together, man. 

I shaked my head and continued on in my job. Somehow I wanted to get to know her more.

Pauline's POV

As we were all finished with this challenge, we got another instructions about upcoming days in this competition. I didn't know anyone much in here but I quite liked one guy.

"Hi, my name's Pauline, nice to meet you." I made a first step. Who cares anyway?

"Hi, I'm Patrick. I guess we're gonna spend some time together, right? You wanna hang out for a beer?" he asked me and I was relieved that I don't have to do the second step, too.

"Yeah, sure. Pick me up in my room at 6?" I smiled at him.

"I'll be there. Bye for now." he kissed my cheek very quickly and left. I smiled for myself and touched the place he kissed me.

I turned around to head to my room when I spotted Joe talking to Gordon but staring at me all the time. What the hell is going on?