Leaving

Pauline's POV

After Joe left, I couldn't quite absorb the information he'd told me. What does it mean?

I knew one thing, I didn't want to face him next day in the competition as we have a mystery box and my stomach started to hurt from the thought of me standing before him waiting for more insults commenting my meal.

I decided to have a bath and just try to get a little of sleep. I never wanted to get into this situation again... falling for a married man. And I saw only one solution.

...................

I managed to come exactly on time as I didn't want to be alone there. Patrick was standing right next to me smiling at me. But I felt horrible. I could feel Joe's piercing eyes as he was scanning every move I made.

Finally, we got to open our mystery box and there was everything canned. Mushrooms, tomatoes, peas, beans. Nice. Perfect.

I took the tomatoes first and opened the glass can with my hand. I poured it in one saucepan and went on with preparing my meal.

Joe's POV

"I think that Natasha is the most weak here." Graham said and I nodded.

"I'm also worried about Pauline, she can't open her can with the mushrooms. I don't know how she will get through." Gordon commented and I immediately looked at her direction. She was struggling with the glass can and started to get really furious. Just like me. I smiled to myself but then I realized that she's in a real trouble. 

Gordon and Graham had already gone to check on the contestants and I used the opportunity to come to Pauline.

I stood in front of her counter and without a word I took the glass can from her hands and opened it for her. Without a word I left her there.

As I was walking around watching all the contestants, I somehow kept an eye on her if she's okay and without any trouble.

Pauline's POV

I could feel his eyes on my all the time. I felt like everyone in the room must have noticed.

After the time went off, it was my turn to present my dish. The first to taste was Gordon. I didn't care about their reaction because I knew.

"The fuck? Do you know how much salt you've put in there?!" Gordon yelled at me and I closed my eyes. All I could think about was how bad I wanted to be out of this competition. I could resign, but the conditions in the contract are more than painful. Leaving this competition wasn't this easy. So I found my own way.