seven ✰ "why am i not good enough?"

while the boys and rory were busy interrogating john, scarlett and parker walked back to their dorm, arms linked

"listen, i am not saying i am going to copy your trig homework. i am simply just asking for your wonderful brain to do me a favor." scarlett had spent all of their walk begging parker to help her with her trigonometry homework. she had forgotten to do it as she was busy writing in her journal the night before. luckily for scarlett, she had a free period.

"scar, that is cheating." parker said as she unlocks the door to their dorm.

"you are acting like we haven't done this before..." scarlett began but we cut off as she bumped into parker's back. "why'd you stop?"

parker's eyes were wide, her jaw dropped. scarlett peered over parker's shoulder to see a boy sitting on parker's bed. he was handsome to say the least. his curly brown hair was a disheveled mess. he wore a blue sweater paired with khaki pants. he looked clean. innocent.

"everett," parker began as the boy, everett, stood up from where he was sitting. "what are you doing here?" her body was frozen in place.

"i came to surprise you!" everett said with a smile. "i also need to talk to you about something."

scarlett bit her lip as she rolled on the heels of her feet. "so, um, i will leave you two alone to talk." she looked a parker with a pleading look on her face. "the trig homework?"

parker pointed at a stray piece of paper on her desk, her eyes not leaving everett.

scarlett picked it up and shoved it into one of her notebooks."alright then, see you later."

after scarlett had shut the door, the sudden noise brought parker out of her trance.

"oh, um, sit!" she stuttered as she sat down on her bed, everett hesitantly sitting next to her. "what did you have to talk about?"

everett turned to look at parker, a pained expression was painted on his face.

"before i say anything, i just want you to know that i love you." everett stuttered.

parker grinned. "i love you too, eve." she placed a comforting hand on his knee.

everett sighed. "parker, i might've done something really really stupid." his voice was shaky.

parker furrowed her eyebrows.

"i made a mistake and i would do anything to take it back, i swear."

parker removed her hand from everett's knee. "what mistake?"

"parker, i was at a party." he began. "i might've accepted one too many shots of bourbon."

parker's eyes began to water, her stomach tying itself in knots.

"i slept with someone else, parker."

red blurs began to cloud parker's vision as she got up from her bed. the taste of bile formed.

"you did what?" she whispered, not believing what she had just heard.

"i am so so sorry, parker. i am the world's biggest asshole." he reached out to grab parker's hand but she pushed him away. "babe, please. parker, you know i would never intentionally hurt you."

"but you did hurt me. you are the worst fucking person alive!" parker shouted.

"it didn't mean anything, parker!"

"that doesn't change the fact that you slept with another girl!"

in the hall, a certain knox overstreet heard the shouting coming from scarlett and parker's dorm. he opened the door to the room, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"hey, parker, are you alright?" knox quickly noticed parker's tear-stained cheeks and quickly went to comfort her.

"hey dude, we were talking here." everett spat. knox looked at the boy, his facial expression fading from concern to disgust.

"well, i think you are done talking, pal." knox growled.

"i think you should leave everett and never speak to me again." parker sobbed.

"parker, please." everett pleaded, reaching out to the now broken girl. parker shook her head as knox went to open the door.

"the lady said to leave, so i suggest you listen to her."

parker stared at the ground as everett left the dorm. she felt her knees begin to buckle, knox moving quickly to catch her distraught body. knox sat on parker's bed, pulling her along with him.

"he cheated on me, knox." parker said in between sobs. "i gave him everything for the past two years and that bastard decides to cheat on me with some bimbo."

knox stroked parker's hair as she cried into his chest.

(did i use a glee gif? yes, because it demonstrated what i was writing perfectly)

"why, knox? why i am not good enough?"

knox sat their for a moment, absorbing parker's words.

"you are good enough, parker. you are too good for this world."

soon, the thought of chris began to slip from his mind. his mind was flooded with only one person.

a girl who's heart was freshly broken.

a girl whose heart he was determined to repair.