eleven ✰ "you're quite the character, dalton."

lorelai peters was focused

it was the morning after the dead poets meeting and she had spent the last hour sitting on a bench, reading "the outsiders" (i know it is from the 60s but just go with it) by s.e. hinton. rory's concentration was unbreakable. she hadn't noticed a certain charlie dalton, who sat down next to her five minutes ago.

"wow, ror, you really know how to make a guy feel noticed." charlie blurted, startling rory as she dropped her book right into a small puddle.

rory's eyes widened when she looked at him. "charlie!" rory picked up her book, its pages now soaking wet. "my poor book."

charlie's grin fell from his face, his eyes softened with guilt and concern.

"rory i am so sorry! i didn't mean to!" charlie apologized. "let me buy you another!"

"how? mr. nolan and dr. hager would be furious if we left campus."

"don't worry about it, rory. leave hager and nolan to me." charlie stood up from the bench, extending his hand out to rory. "c'mon. lets go get you a new book."

charlie had managed to break him and rory out of the school without anyone noticing. he stole a random bicycle and the two managed to ride on it together.

down the road from welton was a small bookshop named sunshine book store. walking into the bookstore, rory's eyes lit up at the sight on bookshelves lining the walls. she let her fingers dance along the spines of the books.

while rory browsed, charlie watched the girl in amusement

while rory browsed, charlie watched the girl in amusement. he admired the way she viewed books and how she was always in a different world when she read them. he liked the way she would pick out a random book and read the first few pages to see if it was worth her time or not. he liked the way she would pause her reading only to push a stray piece of hair out of her face and behind her ear.

he liked her.

for the first time ever, charlie dalton was smitten with a girl, a girl who was the polar opposite of him. a pure angel.