nineteen ✰ "ladies and gentlemen, 'poetrusic' by charles dalton."

it was cold outside but that didn't seem to bother scarlett

it was cold outside but that didn't seem to bother scarlett. her and neil were on the dock, practicing his lines for a midsummer night's dream

with a script in hand, scarlett spun around the dock, her skirt twirling around her. 

"'captain of our fairy band, helena is here at hand; and the youth, mistook by me, pleading for a lover's fee.'" neil read. when he didn't have any dialogue, neil would watch scarlett as she read. she seemed lost in the story, the sight making neil's heart flip. "'shall we fond their pageant see? lord what these mortals be!'" 

scarlett smiled as she began to read from the script. "stand aside: the noise they make will cause demetrius to awake." 

looking up from her script, she saw neil looking at her, his eyes filled with love and admiration.

"neil." she said. 

he didn't respond. 

"neil, darling, it's your line." scarlett playfully hit him in the arm with her copy of the script. 

"uh, what?" neil said as he broke out of his trance. 

"i said it's your line." 

neil nodded as he looked down at his script then back up at scarlett. the girl couldn't help but grin. 

"say the line, dumbass!" scarlett chuckled. 

"i am sorry, it is very difficult when i have a gorgeous girl as my reading partner." neil grinned.

a blush grew on scarlett's cheeks. "you are quite the charmer, perry." 

neil stepped closer to scarlett. "oh am i, keating." 

with a smile, neil cupped scarlett's chin as he placed a sweet and gentle kiss on her soft lips. she smiled as she returned the kiss. 

after a moment, neil pulled back from the kiss. the two teens stared at each other in silence, getting lost in each other's eyes and enjoying the other's presence. 

as neil looked at scarlett, warmth filled his veins. he never wanted to be without her. neil wished for moments like these could last forever.

neil perry was in love with scarlett keating. 

there was no doubt about it. 

he knew what he was feeling was love and wanted to tell her. 

so he did. 

"scar," he began. 

"yes, neil?" 

"i'm in love with you." 

scarlett's eyes widened as she stepped a few steps back from neil. 

"you what?" scarlett squeaked. 

"i love you, scarlett. i really do." 

scarlett ran a hand through her hair as she sighed. "oh, neil..."