fourteen ✰ "i'm gonna act!"

scarlett and todd were sitting in neil and todd's room, writing their poems for john's class

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

scarlett and todd were sitting in neil and todd's room, writing their poems for john's class. todd paced around the room as scarlett lied on neil's bed.

scarlett had written four poems, while todd struggled with his first. occasionally, todd would let out a grunt of frustation as he furiously scribbled out a stanza. after each groan, scarlett would send her distressed friend a comforting smile and whisper, "you can do it, todd."

after a few minutes of silence, neil barged into the room, giggles escaping his soft pink lips and a piece of paper in hand. he plopped down next to scarlett, leaning over to give the young girl a kiss on the cheek.

"i found it." neil blurted out. scarlett furrowed her eyebrows.

"you found what?" todd asked as he sat on his bed across from neil.

neil shoved the piece of paper into todd's hands. "what i wanna do right now." he looked at scarlett with a huge grin painted on his face. "what's really inside me."

"'a midsummer night's dream'?"

scarlett eye's widened as she reached out and grabbed the flier out of todd's hands. a grin grew on her face as she glanced over the paper.

"this is it." neil grinned.

todd's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "what is this?"

"it's a play, todd. one of shakespeares' best." scarlett explained, her eyes shined with amusement.

todd rolled his eyes as he looked up at neil. "i know that. what does it have to do with you?"

"they're putting it on at henley hall. open tryouts." neil beamed. "open tryouts!"

scarlett grinned at her boyfriend.

"yeah, so?" todd said.

neil pounded on the bed. he pulled a blanket off his bed, wrapping it around his shoulders. "so, i'm gonna act!" neil shouted. "yes, yes! i'm gonna be an actor! ever since i can remember, i've wanted to try it. i even tried to go to summer stock auditions last year, but of course, my father wouldn't let me. for the first time in my whole life i know what i wanna do."

reaching behind todd, neil grabbed a handful of papers off of todd's bed and tossed them in the air. "and for the first time i'm gonna do it whether my father wants me to do it or not! carpe diem!" neil jumps onto todd's bed as he shouts.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.