nine ✰ "an original piece by charlie dalton."

the hour before bed check was always chaotic

the hour before bed check was always chaotic. boys shoved at the sinks, trying to brush their teeth. others had towels that hung loosely from their waists.

neil, who was already dressed in his blue plaid pajamas, departed from the busy bathroom and headed back to his quiet room.

when he entered, he noticed a small black book with the title five centuries of verse written in gold sitting on top of his desk. a folded white piece of paper with his name scribbled messily in black ink rested on the book. with a smile, he picked up the note.

it read: "neil, my dad read this at the original meetings and i thought you'd enjoy it."  at the bottom of the note, scarlett's name was written in sloppy cursive.

he set the note back down and opened the book.  on the first page, yet another note was written, but this notes writer wasn't scarlett. it was john's writing.

neil's grin grew twice its size

neil's grin grew twice its size. he felt good about the dead poets society. what could possibly go wrong?

the three girls leaned against the staircase while they waited for the boys, flashlights in their hands.

"okay, first meeting, how are we feeling?" scarlett asked with a grin.

rory nervously played with her fingers. "are you sure we aren't going to get caught?"

scarlett nodded. "live a little, ror."

"i feel exhilarated." parker interrupted. "this is exactly what i need right now."

scarlett rubbed parkers arm with a small smile.

"why hello girls." charlie said as the group of boys cautiously walked down the stairs, each of them carrying a flashlight. cameron quickly slapped charlie in the arm.

"be quiet, dalton!"

charlie rolled his eyes as he slung his arms around knox and rory. "lets get going, shall we?"

the gang walked towards the exit, but were stopped by hager's dog. the dog began to bark. quickly, meeks drops a number of dog biscuits by the dogs feet. the sudden noise made the dog stop barking immediately.