twenty two ✰ "damn it, neil. the name is nuwanda."

a few days later, mr

a few days later, mr. nolan ordered that all of the student body meet in the church.

the professors hurried down the steps, an obviously agitated mr. nolan leading them. severeal are carrying newspapers in their hands.

the students rose from their seats as mr. nolan and the professors passed by.

after all the professors have taken their places, mr. nolan addressed the students.

"sit." he commanded. the students comply.

"in this week of welton's honor, there appeared a profane and unauthorized article. rather than spend my valuable time ferreting out the guilty persons--and let me assure you i will find them--i'm asking any and all students who knows anything about this article to make themselves known here and now."

scarlett's throat ran dry. she glanced at neil, who was sitting to her left, and then at todd, who was on her right. her eyes roamed aimlessly until they fell onto her father, who sent her a weak grin.

john knew about the dead poets society's revival. he was even more proud when he learned his daughter was a member of the secret society.

"whoever the guilty persons are, this is your only chance to avoid expulsion from this school."

the sound of a phone ringing echoed throughout the church. the professors looked around for its source.

charlie picked up the telephone reciever. "welton academy. hello, yes he is. just a moment."

scarlett winced as charlie spoke, her heart dropping to her stomach. she glanced at neil, who ran a hand over his face.

charlie stood up from his seat, holding a phone in his hands. rory anxiously tugged on his jacket, trying to get him to sit back down. charlie ignored her as he opened his mouth to speak,

"mr. nolan. it's for you. it's god. he says we should have more girls at welton."

most of the students laugh, but the boys and girls from the cave all shake their heads in disbelief.

"we are fucked." scarlett whispered to the two boys next to her.

later that day, charlie was stuck in nolan's office, getting striked with a wooden paddle.

the members of the dead poets society stood out in the hall, waiting anxiously for charlie's return.

rory was leaning against a wall with scarlett and parker comforting her.

"i am sure he's fine." scarlett whispered.

"dalton might be a dumbass but he is going to be okay." parker said, which earned a glare from scarlett.

"not helping." she hissed.

after a moment, charlie appeared in the hallway. he walked stiffly back to his room, tears forming in the corners of his eyes as he walked.

"you kicked out?" neil asked as charlie opened the door of his room.

he shook his head.

"so what happened?"

"i'm to turn everybody in, apologize to the school and all will be forgiven." charlie mumbled.

"so, what are you gonna do? charlie!"

"damn it, neil. the name is nuwanda." a smile grows on charlie's face as he ushers for rory to come into his room. she follows him in and shuts the door behind her.

charlie collapsed on his bed as rory laid down next to him

tears began to fall down charlie's face, the sight making rory sick to her stomach.

gently, she began to run her fingers through his brown hair as she muttered "it's okay" under her breath.

charlie wrapped his arms around rory's waist, pulling her in closer. his tears began to soak into rory's blouse, but she didn't mind.

"you are so brave," rory began. "...nuwanda." a grin formed on her face.

charlie looked up at her as rory looked down at him. with a smile, she wiped away stray tears from charlie's cheek.

"i love you, ror." charlie whispered, a pained smile forming on his face.

rory kissed charlie firmly on the forehead. "i love you too, charlie."

charlie sat in a leather chair with his bongos in his lap in the study room with the boys and girls crowded around him. rory sat on the arm of the chair, next to charlie.

he hits his bongos as he mimics nolan's footsteps.

"creak. he started walking around towards my left." charlie explained with a grin. "creak. creak. 'assume the position, mr. dalton.'"

laughter errupts from the crowd as the door opens.

john keating walks into the room. many of the boys get up from their seats while he pats scarlett on the head, who sat on neil's lap.

"it's all right, ladies and gentlemen."

"mr. keating." charlie acknowledged.

"mr. dalton. that was a pretty lame stunt you pulled today."

charlie's jaw dropped slightly, his eyes wide with disbelief. "you're siding with mr. nolan? what about carpe diem and sucking all the marrow out of life and all that?"

"sucking the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone. sure there's a time for daring and there's a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for."

"but i thought you'd like that." charlie mumbled.

"no. you being expelled from school is not daring to me. it's stupid, 'cause you'll miss some golden opportunities." john said with a smile.

"yeah, like what?"

"besides ms. peters here? the opportunity to attend my classes. got it, ace?"

charlie nodded with a grin. "aye, aye, captain."

"keep your head about you. that goes for the lot of you."

a series of "yes, captain" and one "yes, dad" came from the crowd.

"phone call from god." john chuckled. "if it had been collect, it wouldn't been daring."

john waves at the group of students and leaves, the crowd around charlie forming once again.

author's note:
hi i have a decent updating schedule going on. let's hope it stays that way and i don't fuck it up.

i started drafting another story involving everyone's favorite dead poet. the best damn actor (although he was only in one production, but he was still great) in the world.
edit: ITS MOTHERFUCKING NEIL PERRY NOT TIMOTHÉE CHALAMET
fuck you ariettas