twenty four ✰ "knox overstreet, you are quite the flirt."

it was the day of the play

it was the day of the play. the day had finally come where neil could perform as 'puck' on stage.

at the end of english class that day, the whole class was gone except for scarlett and neil.

john walked and sat on the desk that was in front of neil's, which belonged to cameron.

"did you talk to your father?" he asked. 

neil shook his head, a weak smile formed on his lips. "uh, he didn't like it one bit, but at least he's letting me stay in the play. he won't be able to make, make it. he's in chicago." 

scarlett's heart stung. she could tell neil was lying.

"but, uh, i think he's gonna let me stay with acting." 

"really?" john asked, shocked. "did you tell him what you told scarlett and i?" 

neil nodded. "yeah. he wasn't happy. but he'll be gone at least four days. i don't think he'll make the show, but i think he'll let me stay with it. 'keep up the school work', he said. thank you, both of you." 

the young boy gathered up his books, scarlett doing the same. they waved at john as they departed from the classroom.

the two teenagers walked side-by-side in silence, both unsure of what to say. 

scarlett bit her lip as she paused her walking. she placed a hand on his arm, issuing for him to stop walking as well.

"neil," scarlett began. "is your father really okay with all of this? the acting...us...?"

neil hesitated. "he isn't ecstatic about the idea, but he'll have to deal with it." he pulled scarlett to his chest, his books held tightly under his arm. "you have nothing to worry about, scar." 

neil leaned down and placed a soft kiss on scarlett's blonde hair.

she blushed at the gesture. "i am not worried, neil." she looked up at him. "i am worried about you. i love you and i don't want anything bad to happen."

a huge grin formed on neil's face. "i love you, too. tonight is going to go great."

scarlett sighed as she leaned up and kissed neil firmly on the lips. 

she hoped he was right.

the boys and girls (except neil) were in the bathroom getting ready for the play.

meeks and pitts were hogging up the mirrors while scarlett and rory struggled to fix their hair and makeup. parker and knox were sitting on the window sill, looking out the window towards the snow covered ground.

"beautiful baby." said pitts. 

"beautiful baby." meeks repeated as he fixed his hair. "henley hall, here i come."