prologue

Warning: strong language

~°~

Harley

There has been a strange amount of disappearance and murders happening in Seattle, bringing horror and fear to all the locals.
If you have any information regarding any missing people reports, please contact the authorities immediately 》

" does this mean we're going to Seattle" I herd as I sharpened a knife walking into the room.

" I have always wanted to go and see seattle " said my younger sister Beatrice sitting in my brothers lap.

" bee, if we were going to seattle it wouldn't be for sight seeing" said my brother. My mother looked away from the TV and  turned to my father.

" Damien, what are we gonna do, we can't stand by the let this happen either we step in or the volturi will" she said. She held onto his arm.

" I know, but the decision seems hard then it is, we haven't trained in over a year and what would we do about Christopher and Beatrice. Who would look after them"

" you and mother could stay here and Harley and I could go to Seattle " said David as he bounced Beatrice on his knees.

" not gonna happen" said my father. He shook his head ,  my mothers eye still directed at my father who had his face rested on the heel of his hand.

" why not, David and I have been training and-" I was cut of by my father again.

" you herd me correctly, you will not be going, not after what happened last time " he said sternly looking up at us all.

I huffed, my family forever used my mistakes against me and I'm sick of it.

Beatrice and Christopher looked shocked at his harsh tone. Usually I wouldn't disrespect my parents by talking back but this was ridiculous, they are choosing not to help innocent people.

" but father, people are dying and if we don't do something more innocent people are gonna die " I shout. Both parents looked stunned and my sudden outburst.

However this didn't last long, my fathers shock soon turned into anger and he was up out his seat face to face with me.

" you listen here young lady, I will not have my 17 year old daughter and my 19 year old son go to seattle to help track down a couple of newborn vampires by themselves."

" then send someone with us, father we were born and raised to do this " said David standing up as he put Beatrice on the seat next to his

" no, I won't allow it, now both of you get out of my sight" he commanded. I looked over a David a blind rage flashing before my eye.

I storm out of the room knife still in my hand and stomp up to my bedroom. Slamming the door in the process.

I started throwing the knife at the target on my wall, hitting it in the dead centre each time.

I herd the door open behind me and turned to see David, I huffed and continued to throw the knife.

" I don't get how he can be selfish sometimes. Why should we stand around when we are perfectly capable of going and killing the bastard who are terrorising seattle"

" I totally agree with you, so let do it. Let go to seattle and kill the bastards. " said David. I turned shock at his comment. It was not something I would have expected from my brother.

David was older then me and was the oldest of all four kids, and by far the most protective. He has dark hair similar to my own and deep green eyes.

He and I have been training to keep and balance in the natural world since we turned 12. My brother always followed rules and for him to go against my fathers word is a huge thing.

" are you serious, like just totally go against what father has said " I replied grabbing and pulling the knife out the target placing it in my palms.

" yeah, I mean so many people are being hurt and will be affected my our fathers decision not to step in.
He had always told us to do what we think it right and always put the benefit of other before ourselves, so what's the difference in the situation " he said.

" pack what you need and be discreet, they can't know we are leaving. Meet me at the weaponry once everyone falls asleep. " he said and left briskly.

Quickly grabbing my bag and shoving essentials into it before stuffing it under my bed I changed into more suitable clothes.

I then pretended to be asleep when my mother came in to check in me. Hoping to avoid conversation.

Night soon fell and everyone had fallen asleep. I slipped out of bed and grabbed my bag in one swift movement and made my way towards the weaponry.

Meeting David as he was dressed in all black and carried small daggers in his boots, thigh, back pocket and under his arm.

He helped me gather what I needed before we made our way to the exit. I turned to him second guessing myself.

" do you really think we should be doing this " I said in a low whisper David turned to reply but another voice cut his off.

" no, you most definitely should not be doing this but given the circumstances I will let it slide " said a calm voice coming from the corner of the room. Immediately recognise it as my mothers and turn to her.

" mother was can explain " I started but she put a hand up to stop me going further.

" I am not going to try and stop you from leaving and I expected you both would do something like this. Take this, it is an old friend of mine who lives in la push and  will be happy to let you stay with them and they are aware of everything so no need to hide what you are doing. " she said handing my brother  a sheet of paper with an address and phone number on it.

" wait you are letting us go " asked David in shock. She nodded her head.

" the Quileutes have legends and some will be shapeshifters, so don't be shocked at this fact. I have arranged a meeting with the council and they are having problems with the vampires in seattle aswell. They are happy to have  you so be responsible and please be careful.  We don't want a repeat of last time. " she said looking at me.

The memory from our last mission still hurt my head to think about. Still fresh in my mind I look down at the small crescent shaped scar on my wrist and thought about the one on my shoulder.

We both look at her dumbfounded as she pull us into a hug. " I will be in contact with you when you arrive at la push. " she said

" what about father " I asked her pulling away.

" leave him to me, I don't want to leave you both to deal with this all by yourselves so I am gonna try and convince him to help. " she said.

" now go, you don't have forever " she said pushing us out the door.

I turned and looked at David. Pure shock written all over his face.
" so, I guess we should get going to la push " he said, with a small smile we left.

~°~
Prologue done and finished. Hope people like this story.
Vote & Comment
Thanks x