ch.11

~°~
Paul

I don't think I'm gonna get on with her brother much. He really doesn't like me.

We had been walking in silence for the last five minutes back towards the clearwaters house.

I had only known this girl for a few days and already just wanted to spend all my time with her, getting to know her, talk to her, just be with her makes everything better for me.

I was pulled out of my head when her soft voice became directed at me. I turned my head to look at her.

" I'm sorry about, what my brother said, he didn't mean It " she looked so small in that moment and it shocked me. I was used to seeing the tough girl who wouldn't back down from anything. Right now she looked like she was about to crack.

I slowed down my pace, gently i placed my hand on her elbow pulling her to a stop. Still refusing to make eye contact with me, I slid my hand under her chin to move her head up.

When her eyes met mine, my heart jumped in my chest, this girl was mine, she just doesn't know it yet

"Are you really that bothered about what your brother said about me " I questioned her. She just nodded.

" don't let it bother you, it's not the first time I have had someone say that to me and it probably won't be the last " I chuckled trying to get her to smile again, it worked. My breathing hitched when a smile spread across her lips.

" come on, I don't want your brother to kill me for getting you home later then expected " I said continueing to walk. She followed after me no longer  in an awkward silence.

" thanks" she muttered almost in a whisper but I still heard it. Was she thanking me for making her feel better.

" no problem " I said looking back at her. The house came into view and I turned to her.

" are you gonna come back down to Emily's later" I asked her, hoping she will say yes.

"I don't know if I should, I need to get some training done and I don't really think emily would want me to do it at her house" she replied.

" no, she won't. It would be ok and then you can stay for dinner after, Emily's cooking is to die for" I said getting hungry just thinking about it.

" will you be there", she said with a certain confidence. I didn't expect her to ask such a question and was quite taken back.

" I will be for the first while then I have to go on patrol before coming back for food. " I said leaning against a tree and was stood on the line of the forest at the back of the clearwaters.

" so does this mean you will come " I asked her. She looked up and nodded at me with a small smile tugging at the edge of her lips.

" great, see you then " I said before backing off into the woods. She made her way over to the door. I didn't leave until I knew she was safely inside before turning and leaving.

~°~
Harley

I was walking through the forest with leah and Seth towards Emily's house. Light conversation fluttered among us from time to time but nothing to serious.

I had my bag of throwing knives stashed over my shoulder. Moving it so it sat comfortably I looked up to see Emily's house come into view.

A smile crept it's way onto my lip, as we got closer my smile got wider.
Already I could hear talking coming from inside the house.

We walked up the porch and into the house, heads turned when we walked in.

" hey, she's back " shouted jared who smiled from the couch at me.

" of course, I wasn't going to stay at the house by myself " I said to him with a smirk.

  " why, where is your brother " asked Embry.

" he went to the police station in Forks to try and find out more information"
I said sitting down on the couch Next to Paul and Jared

Emil came out the kitchen and put a plate of muffins on the coffee  table in front of us.

The boys all grabbed one quickly, paul pulled back and handed me one, I smiled at him before eating it.

"Thanks "

《°°°》

Sam, Quil and jacob had arrived back from patrol while Jared, paul and Embry left.

I was stood in the kitchen helping Emily cook the food while we held light conversation.

The rest of the boys plus leah sat in the living room talking about god knows what.

" where did you learn to cook this good" I questioned Emily. She turned to me.

" I don't know, I'm just good at it. " she said smiling at me at she cut up some vegetables.

" I used to love cooking  with my friend Jody before she died, it was our favourite thing to do " I said, feeling a certain hollow in my chest.

" I'm sorry about what happened " she said, I'm guessing david must have told them briefly about it after yesterday.

" it's ok, you can't apologise for my past " I finished emily went to make another comment no doubt about my past life but a loud bang brought our attention elsewhere.

Both our head snapped in the direction of the door that was slammed open. Stood there where three very pissed of shapeshifters.

" I'm gonna kill him" growled paul with clenched fist.

" what happened " questioned Sam moving towards the three wolves. Jacob and Quil subtly made their way over towards emily and myself incase something went wrong.

" those leeches came on our land " snarled jared.

" who did" asked Sam again.

" we where chasing the red head along the treaty line, the cullens doing the same and one jumped over after her " said paul through gritted teeth.

Quil moved more in front of me, I still tried to peer around him to see what was going on with Paul.

I was worried, I don't know who the cullens are or anything about a treaty. But whoever's they are seemed to have pissed paul off a lot.

" who are the cullens " I questioned everyone in the room.

" they are a group of vampires the live in Forks " answered Sam. Paul growled under his breath but it didn't do much to hide his fury.

" go and cool off outside, then come in and eat" said Sam pushing the younger boy out the room.

Paul glanced at me before leaving and going outside Emily's. Emily turned back to continue her cooking.

I slowly started to move towards he door, I wanted to go and see if paul was ok, I know when they are angry its best just to leave them alone but I couldn't help it.

A few people watched me move across the room, leah went to say something to stop me before jared pulled her back and told her not to.

Walkin outside I saw Paul pacing around on the porch. When I opened the door his head snapped in my direction. His fiery eyes softened when they landed on my  small form.

" hey, I was just coming to check if you were ok " I questioned him and I moved towards him a bit more.

" no, I mean yes I'm fine or I will be fine, I just need to calm down." He replied turning his back away from me.

He was leaning over the banister of the porch with his forearms rested on it. I slowly made my way over to him.

Standing in a similar position to him my arm brushed up against his and he visibly relaxed at my touch.

" you know, my favourite way of getting my frustration out is by throwing my knives " I replied to him.
He smiled.

" are you suggesting we go throw knives "

~°~
This was a longer chapter. Love how she can calm him down
Vote & comment
Thanks x