ch.12

~°~
Harley

Moving back inside Emily's house I grabbed my bad from beside the couch.

" what are you doing with those " questioned Jared with a smirk.

" paul Is going to throw some of my knives to get his anger out.  " I said moving to leave the room again.

Walking back out I saw paul had moved from the banister and was stood by the door.

We moved onto the grass so we weren't damaging any of Emily's house.

" right you hold the knife like this, then when throwing make sure your wrist moves like this or you risk cutting yourself just aim where you want it to go, and throw" I commented handing him one of my knives.

He threw the first one and let out a chuckle as it stuck in the ground. I handed him over another one and he ended with the same result.

" how do you get this into a target " he questioned looking baffled.

" practice, watch " I said taking a few of my knive out the bag and flipping them in my hand.

I spun around quickly in different ways and throwing the knives at the same tree. The knives formed a straight line going up the tree.

I got so enveloped with throwing the knives I wasn't watching where I was going and managed to stumble on a tree root sticking out the ground. I waited for the solid impact of the floor but it never came.

I felt someone had their hands on my waist holding me up. Paul pulled me into his chest and turning me around.

" are you ok?, I didn't hurt you did I? " he asked worry evident in his features. I shook my head.

" nope, just lost my footing " I replied looking back up a his eyes the worry slowly disappearing. I saw his gaze travel from my eyes to my lips.

I pulled away from his embrace before anything more could happen. After I  retrieved the knives from the floor I tried to get them out the tree.

Some where stuck in deep and I couldn't get them out. I let out a frustrated groan at I pulled harder.

I frozen when I felt a large hand slip over mine and around the handle of the blade. Pulling it slightly it was free of the bark.

Paul still held my hand in his grasp as it fell down to my side. He traced his finger tips up my arm towards my shoulder.

I moved away from his touch, I felt a twinge a pain rippled though my body at the loss of contact.

Things  were moving way to fast between us and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it. I moved to grab my other knives when he grabbed my waist and spun me around to face him. He pushed my back up against the tree, holding my in place. Knocking all the hair from my chest.

I thought I would be trying to pull away but the more I'm around him the more I welcome his touch.

He kept one hand on my waist while the other moved to my cheek, brushing back a few strands of fallen hair he gazed into my eyes. So unsure of the moment and myself I just stare at him.

It looked like he was leaning in for a kiss when our connection was broke by a voice calling back over from Emily's house.

" Paul, Harley, foods ready " shouted Jared and he retreated back inside the house.

Paul awkward pulled away and cleared his throat and pulled the remaining knives out the tree handing them to me before turning and walking away.

He left me there totally confused. He made me feel so much in such a short period of time. My body ached for his touch and to feel his presence around me but then apart of me didn't want that because I don't know him.

I slowly made my way back towards the house and entered the room to find people setting up the table.

Some people sat on the couches on the living room as there wasn't enough room at the table.

Emily waved me over to the table, there I sat with Emily, Sam, Seth, Quil and Embry and everyone else sat in the living room.

While eating I kept glancing over at paul who would glance up, hold my gaze for a few second before looking back down at his food.

I soon noticed Jared was giving him a weird look, probably because of how quite he was being.

I looked to see that Emily was giving me a similar look. Light chatter fluttered through the room.
After everyone was finished emily stood up.

" could some of you clean up please, Harley can I talk to you" she asked. She didn't give me time to answer before dragging me up te stairs. Pulling me into a room and shut the door behind her.

"What happened between you and Paul" she demanded. I started to blush

" nothing, I have no idea what you are talking about " I  told her, she put her hands on her hip and just stares at me. Her intense stare finally broke me.

" ok, there is something going on but I don't know what it is and It scares me" I said, its came out as bit of a whimper.

" what do you mean by, it scares you" she questioned me. My gaze fell to my feet. Slightly embarrassed by what I was about to reveal to this women.

" I have never been in a relationship with anyone before and things are moving so fast with Paul it scares me, I'm feeling things for him no one has ever made me feel. I scared of what will happen. I'm not ment to get attached to people when dealing with missions and I think a relationship of any kind is getting attached. " I said running my hands throught my dark brown hair.

Emily pulled me into her embrace and wrapped her arms around me in a bear hug.

" it's ok, I'm sure everything will work out" she said  before pulling away " do you want to go home" she asked me all I did was nod.

We walked back down the stairs. Paul wasn't on the couch any more so he must be helping with the dishes.

" Seth, leah do you guys wanna walk her home" Emily said, she seemed to be having a unspoken conversation with them.

They both nodded before standing up and walking out the house with me.
God I hope emily was right about everything working itself out.

~°~
I feel like this chapter jumped around a lot. I hope everyone managed to say with what was happening.
Vote & comment
Thanks x