Just My Luck

"Oi oi, Sona calms down, let's talk this professionally," I said.

Yes, indeed let's talk about your panty professionally. Even the thought of it makes me cringe.

From here on out, I have two choices, either give her panty back or keep denying it. If I gave her panty back, with how hysterical she is right now, the chances of me leaving this room alive are slim. 

Of course, that also leaves the option of me just gunning of the door, but I know Sona. If I ran this situation wouldn't end so easily. If anything the situation will only escalate.

"Don't tell me to calm down, I am calm!" She yelled.

She then closed the distance between us. Standing in front of me she extended her finger and tap it on my chest.

"Now listen here, John! I know you have my p-panty, hand them over!" She said.

Yes, I would hand them over, but when you looking at me like that I think keeping the panty is my safest bet.

With her being this close I couldn't help but inhale her perfume. It smells quite nice with a hint of lavender. If I wasn't being threatened at the moment, maybe I'll be even bolder. Of coursing having these kinds of thoughts of Sona caused me to avert my gaze off of her.

"So you do have them!" She accused.

I wanted to reject her, but that she was right. Although the reason why I averted my gaze was due to something else entirely.

I need to change the subject fast! If I don't and just let her carry the conversation, then evidently I'm going to suffer at the end. With this on my mind, I tried looking around the room. Suddenly it hits me. Ah, that's it.

"Sona, how about a little bet?" I said.

"A bet?" She asked.

Seeing her becoming more docile at the mention of a bet, I continued.

"Yes, you seem presumptuous about me having your panty. How about this, a game of chess. If you win, I'll do my best to get you your panty back," I said while pointing to the chessboard on her desk.

"And if you win?" She asked.

"Well, if I win, then you owe me a favor," I said.

"No, deal," She said.

Of course, she would say no deal. The bet was too favorable for me. Even though Sona is good at chess, if she wins, she only gets her panty, if I win I get a favor from Sona. A favor from Sona, a devil, and the sister to a satan. Comparing that to a panty was just downright uncanny. That's why I need something else that was worth the risk.

"Oh, then how about we add this. You have asked me to join the student council before, I decline. If you win, I'll reconsider," I said.

Something everyone in the student council has in common was that they were all devils. Not just your average devils, but they were apart of Sona's peerage. 

She had once caught me using my magic power, even without being caught I was or rather I have been a candidate for her peerage due to my immense supply of mana.

During my first year, my mana suppression was around level 25, hiding my mana by 25%. At the time my mana was too overbearing and I was unable to contain it all. I quickly became the target of many strays. It was quite a blessing to be living under the territory of Sona and Rias. If it was any other place, it wouldn't have been just stray devils but also fallen angels attacking me.

Eventually, I was approached. While both Sona and Rias were cautious, Sona was the bolder one of the two. She approaches me and asked for me to join her peerage. Promised of wealth and longevity, but I decline.