Sacred Gear

Throughout human evolution over the centuries, they have developed an emotion known as fear. It is an instinctive response that humans have acquired to survive.

For a human to felt fear yet choose to fight, especially against an opponent of unknown caliber, they must either be brave or a fool. Yet here I stood. Feeling fear towards the unknown, but yet intrigued.

The voice that spoke was dark. Many would say it was sinister. The moment it spoke I could feel the chill running through my spine. My instinct screamed for me to run.

"O-oi, who are you?" I spoke to the darkness.

I tried my best to stay calm but ended up stuttering. The fact that this entity was able to also neglect the Gamer's Mind, had made me realized that the system was not as omnipotent as it seems. 

Of course, there were instances where the Gamer's Mind would deactivate. For example, when dealing with girls, but the system would still be there for me to fall back to. Feeling the presence of the system would allow me to hypnotize myself to stay calm at any given situation. 

This time it was different. I can no longer feel the presence of the system. No matter how much I chant status or activate my skills, nothing would happen. No pannel. No annoying text. Nothing.

It was like I was once again reverted into an infant. Unable to walk, nor able to defend or care for me. For the first time in a while, I felt truly valuable. 

"Oh? You felt fear, yet you can still mask it with false confidence. Few can do what you just did in my presence," it sounded intriguing, "I shall answer you then. I am the first of my kind. I am the first to exist in the universe. For everywhere you glaze my presence exists, for I can be found everywhere. I can be anything you can imagine, yet nothing can be me. I am Chaos."

"Chaos?" I couldn't help but echo.

I could feel many questions rushing through my head. This being was Chaos. A being that stands above all. An omnipotent being that not even the Gods can touch, but why was this being talking to me? 

"The reason why I am talking to you is that apart of me reside in you and you have awakened it. In a way, I am your sacred gear."

"Wait. If you are Chaos and as powerful as you are, how in the world did the God of the Bible manage to seal someone like you into a Sacred Gear?" I asked.

Sacred Gears were created by the God of the Bible and were a gift from God to humans. For a being this powerful to be sealed by the God of the Bible, doesn't that just sound absurd?

"As I mentioned before, everywhere you glaze there is Chaos. I am everywhere, and I am natural. Yet many associated my existence with discord and destruction. The God of the Bible tried to oppose my existence and tried to seal me. In a way, he had succeeded, but the part of me that he had sealed was nothing more than just a grain of sand of what power I hold."

A grain of sand? If the power of this grain of sand was already this strong, then I find it hard to imagine just how strong this person is at his fullest.

"Due to your action, this piece of me that has been dormant in you, have been awakened. When awaken, I've gained a conscious of my own. My thoughts are my own, and if I will it, I can free myself and reunite with my original self. But I find you are intriguing. You are not from this universe, are you? You are from a higher plane of existence."

"What do you mean?"

Because this entity known as Chaos reside within me, I wasn't surprised by the fact that he knew I was not from this world. What surprised me was the mention of a higher plane of existence.